Compound bow tuning gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compound bow tuning gurus

I cannot paper tune or broadhead tune. No Matter what I do it shows me weak spine".
    I started out at 73#'s and worked down to 64 #'s with no results at all.( so I doubt think it's my spine)
    I am trying different Broadheads and they all fly to the right of my field points no matter what I do.
    I just had a new string put on this past march so I haven't got it tuned ( Broadhead / paper tuned) since then.( I was out out town all summer in the oil field and only got to shoot my bow twice )

I know people add/remove turns in the Y cable to get the "tune" to come into play. Someone please help me!!

My gear :
    Mathews z7 68#'s currently 28.5 inch draw
    Goldtip pro hunter 7595 29 inches

Left handed? Asking this cuz that spine could be to stiff at your dl and for leftys it's backward as far as tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
      Left handed? Asking this cuz that spine could be to stiff at your dl and for leftys it's backward as far as tuning.
      No I'm right handed.

Comment

Maybe move your rest to the left. I know on a recurve if you build out the shelf you can turn a weak spined arrow and make it right. The more centershot the bow the stiffer the arrow you need. Its worth a try. Maybe move it 1/4 or 1/8 in to the left.

Comment

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
          Maybe move your rest to the left. I know on a recurve if you build out the shelf you can turn a weak spined arrow and make it right. The more centershot the bow the stiffer the arrow you need. Its worth a try. Maybe move it 1/4 or 1/8 in to the left.
          Already did that.
          Both while trying to broadhead tune and while trying to paper tune.

Comment

Do you have a draw board? Get it on a draw board and check for cam/idler lean at full draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Powerstroker View Post
              Do you have a draw board? Get it on a draw board and check for cam/idler lean at full draw.
              I don't have one .
              Sounds like I need to add that to my workshop

Comment

If you move your rest for your broadheads to fly straight but how will your field points fly?

Comment

Have a press? Add two twists to the left yoke take two from the right shoot again. If still not hitting together add a half twist in left remove half from right an repeat shooting repeat process til bhs an fps hit together I wouldnt add an subtract over about 8 full twists tho

Comment

Originally posted by hchunter View Post
                    If you move your rest for your broadheads to fly straight but how will your field points fly?
                    Field points fly left of my Broadheads .

Comment

Originally posted by Okdeerhunter View Post
                      Have a press? Add two twists to the left yoke take two from the right shoot again. If still not hitting together add a half twist in left remove half from right an repeat shooting repeat process til bhs an fps hit together I wouldnt add an subtract over about 8 full twists tho
                      Yes I have a press but I am scared to do it because I haven't done it before.

Before anyone says to go to a bow shop there isn't one within 4 hours from me.

Comment

Do you have access to a different arrow? Try easton instead of goldtip.

Comment

Just a long shot, but you may be torqueing the bow. Try different ways to hold the bow and the pressure that is in your hand and the bow. I have seen a change in grip pressure do wonders for tuning. i can make my arrow tune and flight really look bad with a change in my grip pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
                            Yes I have a press but I am scared to do it because I haven't done it before.

Before anyone says to go to a bow shop there isn't one within 4 hours from me.
                            Dont be scared its reversable just document how many twists u put in an took out its the only way to learn

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                              Just a long shot, but you may be torqueing the bow. Try different ways to hold the bow and the pressure that is in your hand and the bow. I have seen a change in grip pressure do wonders for tuning. i can make my arrow tune and flight really look bad with a change in my grip pressure.
                              Yea I have tried that.
                              I wish it was that easy of a fix .

Comment

Working...
                              X