QAD ultrarest HDX, noise cure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
    All in good fun. I was a PSE guy since I started. When I was looking and shooting all the other makes they all had their little flaws but the only bow that made me want to throw up was the Z9!

All kidding aside, it was a good shooting bow, maybe the best of the rest. I'm just not a fan, just doesn't feel right in my hand and I just can't go to the dark side!
    Kinda sounds like the first time I dipped. It was amazing, but wanted to puke as well but yes in all seriousness, we have 4 QAD hdx's at the house and don't have noise issues. The different bars that it comes with deal with the speed of the bow I believe. Take it to a smaller shop in my opinion that won't try to rush to get to the next customer.

Comment

mine is nice and quite

Comment

Installation issue and make sure you have some felt( moleskin...whatever) on your shelf. Like everyone had said, they're great rests.

Comment

Originally posted by ExtremeHunter80 View Post
          Oh yeah.....
          Smithfield sometime then? They normally don't have a ton of people on the range.[/QUOTE]

I gotta pick up some arrows there next week, I might be down.

Comment

I can't do it this week. It'll have to be a few weeks away. I have a couple of classes I have to do, that I'll be missing my college classes for.

Comment

I don't have that problem with mine. I would have it checked out.

Comment

I took it back today to have a few adjustments made to different things. The tech said it was working properly and wasn't any louder than other rests. Maybe it's just me, like I said I have never had a drop away before. I'm going to try and get some thick padding for my shelf. There just isn't enough adjustment to get it away from the shelf enough to keep it from not hitting at all.

Comment

I call BS on what that tech said. Take it to Jerry at RBO in Kerens, and you won't have to worry about any noise.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                    you have extra shelf clearance on your mathews bows, not all shelves share the same geometry. when i set my qad hdx up on my switchback i have over a .125" clearance between the rest and the shelf. conversely, on my sx rush it contacts the shelf where the radius transitions from the shelf to the riser. both bows are set-up with the arrow in the bergers.

i've talked to ethan @ qad about this (yesterday actually) and they recommend running the arrow slightly above the berger and re-setting the nock point.
                    like I said............

Comment

Your shooting a bow tech don't worry about the noise!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378294021.091381.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	24240270

This thing looks sweet....its made brand specific, apparently it fits better than the regular HDX.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal71 View Post
                          I call BS on what that tech said. Take it to Jerry at RBO in Kerens, and you won't have to worry about any noise.
                          Is Jerry gonna remachine the shelf on the riser?????

Jack - on bows where the launcher arms hits the shelf, I have a roll of velcro and use a strip of the "furry" side under where the launcher hits. I think it does much better than moleskin.

Some bows require it and some do not.

Comment

[QUOTE=TexasCanesFan;7494279]Is Jerry gonna remachine the shelf on the riser?????

Na. He will just set it up the right way

Comment

There is no right way that I can see. If you raise it up all the way it can still hit the shelf because the arm drops below 90 deg.

Thanks Joe, that's what I was planning to do. I put some mole skin but it's not soft enough. Gonna try home depot and see if the have some big velcro.

Thanks all for your help.

Daniel, wish I would have seen the BT rest, sure would look good on my new ride!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                                Wasn't really the advise I'm looking for but since you brought it up. I shot all major brands of bow that would go 31" including a couple that weren't main stream. The insanity was every bit as quite as Mathews or pse and a lot more than Hoyt. The quietest bow I shot was the prime impact. Regretfully it doesn't come in my size.
                                Now back to my rest!
                                you bought the right bow, I shot bowtechs for a 6 years they are great equipment.

I still think the rest is on there wrong, shelf differences aside I've seen QAD's on numerous bows and in all cases worked well.

Comment

Working...
                                X