Best string silencers? Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxxisman View Post
    Soi just bought a new vector 32, and the bow tech said all I need is some cat whiskers on it and it'll be perfect. I thought the bow was pretty quiet without the whiskers, but I did put a monkey tail on it that I had laying around. I really dont like putting anything on my string because im a speed freak, but i do understand that unless you can shoot a bow at mach 1 you need it to be quiet. My question is, what do you guys think are the best string silencers and why?
    it is all personal, but for me it is the bow jack, a little harder to install but worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      Hell, Im not gonna shoot em anymore with these great string stops that are out now.

Now on my recurve I prefer beaver or musk ox.
      Good point here. But I've found it does depend on the bow and the stop. I have two bows with string stops on them. With one of my bows any string dampening attempt makes it louder. On the other one the Super String Leeches actually help.

I do suggest adjusting the string stop to get it as quiet as possible prior to trying any string dampening. Then decide if you want to try dampening or not.

Comment

Working...
      X