Getting frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting frustrated

Cant seem to group with my destroyer. Some arrows will be close and some off 4-6" @ 20yds. One thing, im having trouble seeing the dot on target. Its about size of half dollar. Im getting eyes checked in september. I know im near sighted and have astigmitisims in both eyes. Just frustrating.

fatigue?

Comment

vision is very important. I am no where near an expert or probably qualified but I have a few questions pertaining to your grouping...

Any fletching contact?
      what arrows are you shooting?

Comment

I know you were having speed questions with it, maybe she just needs that tune up. The 340 has the bigger brace and is more forgiving. Another thing about the dot, are you staring at the pin or the target (which is fuzzy).

Comment

Heres my set up. D340 27"/61#. Arrows are gt deer hunters 5575 cut 25 1/4" ctc, wb rest. Vanes are are not stiff but should be ok i think.

Both pin and dot are blurry.

Comment

Have you thought about a peep clearifier thing lol

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
              Have you thought about a peep clearifier thing lol
              Yes, i have

Comment

Sammy, I don't want to offend you, but in my opinion, you change bows far to frequently, never getting bonded with one so that you shoot it well.
                It's fine to like to play with different equipment, but having a bow long enough to get comfortable with, whether it's "the" bow or not, will improve your shooting and hunting confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                  Sammy, I don't want to offend you, but in my opinion, you change bows far to frequently, never getting bonded with one so that you shoot it well.
                  It's fine to like to play with different equipment, but having a bow long enough to get comfortable with, whether it's "the" bow or not, will improve your shooting and hunting confidence.
                  Well that does it, im offended and taking my toys and going home

I wish you were the first person to tell me that. I know i swap alot, and never really get used to one. I really like the destroyer. I think alot of my frustration comes from my eyes getting worse. I cant shoot a bow good, so its traded. Im blaming the bow, when really its the indian. Im not a big fan of the grip on the destroyer. Im gonna work on building me some side plates and see if that helps. And im getting glasses in september, so im sure thatll be a big help.

Comment

Change the target to something you can zone in on better. I too am nearsighted and was not wearing correction when shopping, but merchant had paper target from Mathews and although it had lots of little objects to strike, it also had a giant M in the center. I could find the bottom point of the M very easily because I could see the blurry legs of the M come together and I was not trying to find a silver dollar sized feature elsewhere on the paper.

Comment

Originally posted by hair 'o dog View Post
                      Change the target to something you can zone in on better. I too am nearsighted and was not wearing correction when shopping, but merchant had paper target from Mathews and although it had lots of little objects to strike, it also had a giant M in the center. I could find the bottom point of the M very easily because I could see the blurry legs of the M come together and I was not trying to find a silver dollar sized feature elsewhere on the paper.
                      Thx. Ive thought about painting one side a solid color and painting 3-4 3" dots in it.

Comment

Getting frustrated

My eyes are the same as your. Near sighted with Stigmatism. I have started shooting with BOTH eyes open to help me focus. Started this yrs ago and it helps me alot. I wear glasses which has helped alot also. But the both eyes open was the key even with glasses because closing one eye causes my eye to get "tired". Just a thought. Hope you get it figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
                          My eyes are the same as your. Near sighted with Stigmatism. I have started shooting with BOTH eyes open to help me focus. Started this yrs ago and it helps me alot. I wear glasses which has helped alot also. But the both eyes open was the key even with glasses because closing one eye causes my eye to get "tired". Just a thought. Hope you get it figured out.
                          Thx, i shoot both eyes open. Guess next step is glasses

Comment

I recently got glasses and made a huge difference, now im looking to get contacts for hunting. Get your eyes checked out. I never thought my eyes were this bad until you correct them and realize what good vision is suppose to be.

Comment

Duh..... Your shooting a Bowtech!! Just kidding. I'd say vision and a little fatigue would be the culprit. But, I'm not an expert by any means.

Comment

Working...
                              X