Tuning issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
    If you're high or low it's a nock point issue.....generally it dosn't have to do with poundage.

Just an FYI.
    I am about 6 inches high with broadheads... So I move rest down???? Or should I move my nocking point up????

Comment

Nock point up. You are not square, or above square, and the tip of your arrow is pointing skyward enough to make it fly high. Moving the nock up will make it level, or just below level and it will move the POI down.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
        Nock point up. You are not square, or above square, and the tip of your arrow is pointing skyward enough to make it fly high. Moving the nock up will make it level, or just below level and it will move the POI down.
        10/4 will do this afternoon...after work
        Just out of curiosity , why don't I just move rest down?

Comment

Because it will create more problems than it fixes, especially if you are using a drop away. Your arrow should be in line with the Berger hole when the rest is fully up. And lowering it could create bounce back or clearance issues with your shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno View Post
            I would put your bow back to 65lbs and work with one variable at a time. Get it shooting correct at old draw weight which will tell you your loop is back in the proper spot. Then up the draw weight a little at a time and see where your arrow goes. Dealing with 2 variable at once is difficult.
            X2.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
              You changed your poundage.....you changed your lateral adjustment.

You changed your dloop, you changed your vertical adjustment, unless you put it exactly in the same spot.

Make the vertical adjustment, see where you are. then adjust the rest in the position you want your BH to go in reference to your FP's.
              this is your answer . . . you made two changes you got two results

one up
              one over

everyone's given you advice the horizontal movement can be fixed by going back to your original poundage.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                Nock point is low.
                You are the man... With a little work done to my bow it is now shooting slick tricks like field points!!

Comment

Razorback01 and 60 Deluxe mentioned raising the nock point before I did. So they get the props! Glad you got it worked out. Now kill something with them whistle sticks!!

Comment

Spoke to soon... Problems problems problems...

Comment

As stated above, drop your poundage back down first.
                      I tried to crank up the poundage once and my arrow started flying all over even though the arrows were in spec.
                      Dropped it back down and problem solved.

Comment

The grizztrick 2 does not fly straight past 20 yards... Got the muzzy,g5 striker,slick trick magnum shooting dead on all the way up to 65 yards... Very disappointed but it's understandable with its big cutting diameter

Comment

Paper tuned it and it was shooting Bullet holes!

Comment

Spin test the broadheads on your arrows, you might have an issue with wobble.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
                              Paper tuned it and it was shooting Bullet holes!
                              To me, the papertuning is just a reference.

From my experience I always have to make a slight adjustment to shoot BH's true with FP's.

Therefore, my papertear with be a little off. Usually just a touch left.

If you have no confidence if the Grizz, don't shoot them. If your other heads are shooting lights out, then tip your stick with those and spill some blood!

Comment

I would have loved to shoot the slick tricks because they are tough!

Comment

Working...
                                X