Tuning issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning issue

I recently had to replace my d loop material , so since I was gonna do that I went ahead and maxed out my bow at 73 pounds. I hated to do it during season..
    Before I changed my d loop I was broad head tuned.
    After replacing d loop and increasing draw weight I re sighted in for field points and was hitting high... Expected ... Got it hitting dead on with field points however I put a slick trick on and was hitting high and 1 inch to the right..
    I believe all I need to do it move my d loop down a little bit. (Instead of moving my rest up ) Am I right?
    When I removed my d loop I didn't mark it... I do have a bow square and the bow levels used to positing the d loop . However didn't quite get it exact...

Ttt anyone?

Comment

If you are trying to BH tune again, I would think d-loop up or rest down. Move either in small increments and see what happens.

The increase in draw weight can also change the tune. It can be simple, or it can be multiple issues.

Sorry I don't have a simple answer.

Comment

Is this a single cam bow?

If so, nock an arrow and lay the bow down. Eyeball it to see if you are square with the string. If so, go ahead and move the d loop up a bit. If your arrow isn't square with string and is already slightly angling down to the rest, I would leave the
        D loop and rest adjustment alone and move your sight or sight pin up slightly.
        That should take all of two minutes. Fine tune from there. If no luck, go to archery talk.com and read up on the various methods of tuning such as walk back, bare shaft, and paper tuning. It's all fun!

Comment

Tomorrow I will work on it and see that I come up with

Comment

Coul it be that your arrows are now under spined?

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
              Coul it be that your arrows are now under spined?
              usually results in a lateral adjustment.

Comment

No my arrows are fine for my set up. I was at 65 lbs but wanted another 8 pounds out of my bow.
                Those 8 pounds resulted in 12 fps difference!!
                Can't wait to try out my new broadheads Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357182441.991385.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	24154996
                Grizztrick 2

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Nock point is low.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                        Nock point is low.
                        Agree! Raise the D-loop up some. Don't touch the rest.

Always adjust up or down first when broadhead tuning. When you have that right then worry about left to right.

Comment

You changed your poundage.....you changed your lateral adjustment.

You changed your dloop, you changed your vertical adjustment, unless you put it exactly in the same spot.

Make the vertical adjustment, see where you are. then adjust the rest in the position you want your BH to go in reference to your FP's.

Comment

I would put your bow back to 65lbs and work with one variable at a time. Get it shooting correct at old draw weight which will tell you your loop is back in the proper spot. Then up the draw weight a little at a time and see where your arrow goes. Dealing with 2 variable at once is difficult.

Comment

If you're high or low it's a nock point issue.....generally it dosn't have to do with poundage.

Just an FYI.

Comment

Working...
                              X