Clear All

Afraid of that.

Comment

Originally posted by kenfa03 View Post
      Afraid of that.
      Glad I could help.
      WE've all gone thru it.

Comment

Havent tried increasing poundage. Could that possibly help?

Comment

It sounds like your set up is fine, you just need to broadhead tune your rig. The following pics were stolen from a thread by "Doc" over at another archery forum, this was the best broadhead tuning pictorial I have ever seen.

You should be able to start at picture 2 if you are hitting dead left with your BH
          Last edited by TXJIM; 09-07-2012, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Havent tried increasing poundage. Could that possibly help?
            Try it and let us know.

Comment

Thats basically what I tried but my field points moved right the same amount as my broadheads.

Comment

Thats basically what I tried but my field points moved right the same amount as my broadheads.
                If I had to guess I would say you moved too much at a time. I would center shot the bow again and then broadhead tune with very very small movements of the rest. If you are unable to centers shot the bow yourself or get to a shop try moving the rest back until your field point is hitting its original point of aim and then start the broadhead tuneing process again with micro rest movements in the directions suggested by the pics I posted above.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                  If I had to guess I would say you moved too much at a time. I would center shot the bow again and then broadhead tune with very very small movements of the rest. If you are unable to centers shot the bow yourself or get to a shop try moving the rest back until your field point is hitting its original point of aim and then start the broadhead tuneing process again with micro rest movements in the directions suggested by the pics I posted above.
                  Ok, Thanks.

Comment

I'm experiencing a similar problem with my setup as well, but my broadheads are hitting about 4" to the right of my field points. I'm also getting about a 1 1/2" left tear through paper with my FP. Already tried moving my rest around to no avail. I'm just about convinced its idler or cam lean. I'm heading to the archery shop next week and get them to twist my yoke cables to get this &%!#%! bow to paper tune and hopefully get my broadheads hitting with my field points!

Comment

Tightened up a turn and quarter overall and it brought my field points and broadheafs together and gained me 13 fps.

Comment

Tightened up a turn and quarter overall and it brought my field points and broadheafs together and gained me 13 fps.
                        This means you would've gained around 6 lbs with 1 1/4 turns on limb bolts.
                        I suspect there's more to the story, but at any rate, I'm glad your issue has been resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                          This means you would've gained around 6 lbs with 1 1/4 turns on limb bolts.
                          I suspect there's more to the story, but at any rate, I'm glad your issue has been resolved.
                          you should have picked up speed but more like a couple fps not 13. Usually when i'm walking around thinking i'm producing a speed I'm taking the average of like 10 arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                            you should have picked up speed but more like a couple fps not 13. Usually when i'm walking around thinking i'm producing a speed I'm taking the average of like 10 arrows.
                            Went from 270 to 283 on my chrony.

Comment

My slicks were hitting about 4 inches tO the right

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                                Most bows average 2 fps for every pound of draw weight change so 13 fps for 6 pounds sounds fairly average.

Comment

Working...
                                X