Qad Ultra Rest vs WB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qad Ultra Rest vs WB

Currently I shoot with a Whisker Biscuit. It's time to replace the innards.

I thought about getting a Ultra Rest. They have 4 models from $50-$160. What is the diff in those prices.

Should I stay with my WB?

What are the advantages of both?

I got this Tapatalk thing going for me.

I've only been shooting for about three years. Very little knowledge about what the advantages of a high priced rest are if there are any.

People say the WB is noisy and inaccurate. But I do good enough with it...

Comment

dont get rid of wb....i switched to qad drop away this year and just changed back to the wb.....its the best rest out there imo.....and its NOT noisy and inacurate....what size buscuit you need, got an extra one i will send you if i can find it....pm me

Comment

I'll say this. I started with a WB and liked it fine, except that I was constantly refletching arrows. Blazers did a little better, but in the end, the WB still tore them up. That was the primary reason I switched to the QAD. After switching the rest out, I did some papertuning to get it close. With the WB, I was shooting 1-2" groups at 20 yards. I switched to the QAD and immediately was getting all my arrows touching at 20. I'm not saying the QAD is better, but I like it better and have had better luck, plus it doesn't tear up my vanes.

Comment

Originally posted by PigPen21 View Post
          what size buscuit you need, got an extra one i will send you if i can find it....pm me
          I... Did not know there was a size difference??? How do I find out?

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
            I'll say this. I started with a WB and liked it fine, except that I was constantly refletching arrows. Blazers did a little better, but in the end, the WB still tore them up. That was the primary reason I switched to the QAD. After switching the rest out, I did some papertuning to get it close. With the WB, I was shooting 1-2" groups at 20 yards. I switched to the QAD and immediately was getting all my arrows touching at 20. I'm not saying the QAD is better, but I like it better and have had better luck, plus it doesn't tear up my vanes.
            I'm going to agree with this 100%. I love my QAD hunter and hd. They're absolutely quieter with the felt correctly installed. I've had whisker biscuits too. In fact I have one on the bow I bring to camp for my friends to shoot. They're a little more user friendly. Also, I wont shoot my helical fletched arrows through the wb.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
              I... Did not know there was a size difference??? How do I find out?

do you have a trophy ridge wb....and what arrows are you shooting

Comment

save your money...get a new biscuit

Comment

The decision is ultimately up to you.

But I have two years experience with the QAD and a couple years experice with the older wb and the newer wb.

Since I assume you are hunting, you need to rank what is important to a hunting rest.

As for a hunting rest, I look for this:

1. Reliability
                  2. Quiet, both upon draw and release
                  3. Full containment
                  4. Accuracy

The qad is a great rest. However, it is not perfect. Timing cords can and do move. You have to re time the cord everytime you adjust the rest. People have had fletching contact due to the fairly narrow window the arrows shoot thorough. (anyone wanting to argue this point please explain why they include two different launching arms with the rest). There is noise on release. It's not much, but it's there.

The whisker biscuit has no timing cord to get snagged. It does not suffer from fletching contact. I have never, not one time hunting, in practice, ect had a failure of the wb. It always shot the arrow.

The newer rests don't really seem to be too hard on fletchig.

Accuracy of the wb is on par with anything. YouTube pigman shooting bullseyes at 100 and 136 yards. Proves it's not the bow, it's the indian.

All this summes up to the reason why I shoot the wb. I believe it's a superior hunting rest to the qad.

Comment

I can only respond about the QAD. I have had the cheepest one on my S2 for over 2 years now and have had NO problems with it. It has never failed in any way. I have looked at the differences between the more expensive ones and it seems that the adjustments are a bit different from one model to the next. I don't think the mechanics of the QAD drop away is different from one model to the other as well. So, there are great arguments for both rest so just go buy the QAD and take the guy up on a new insert and try them both.

Comment

Get a new WB!!!!

Comment

qad, is the way to go. the wb is solid but unless you shoot hanging up side down like a opossum the full containment thing is just s gimmick. i'm not saying a wb is no good because it certainly is; however, it's selling point is just a fallacy. the qad is a more accurate rest and every bit as dependable as a wb

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                          qad, is the way to go. the wb is solid but unless you shoot hanging up side down like a opossum the full containment thing is just s gimmick. i'm not saying a wb is no good because it certainly is; however, it's selling point is just a fallacy. the qad is a more accurate rest and every bit as dependable as a wb
                          I would argue against both points.

Qad is just not as dependable. Any search for "qad problems" or "qad fletching contact" vs wb problems or tuning issues will prove that. I have had the was fail. I have as the timing cord get snagged on brush and get moved. It can be finicky with a too tight timing or too loose timing. So although it can be a reliable rest, it is not as reliable as the wb.

Accuracy very good in a wb. Like I said, pigman shoots it at 136 yards.

Comment

I say stay with the wb.

Comment

To each his own but I used to shoot the whisker biscuit and "fletching contact" IS the reason I went to the QAD and I won't go back. Besides, I shoot FOBs as well and you can't do that with the WB

Eternally in His grip

Comment

Working...
                              X