No announcement yet.

Qad Ultra Rest vs WB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been using a WB for 8yrs now and thought I'd try a QAD last year and after only 2 weeks it malfunctioned(on a hunt).All I can say is you know what is back on my bow.I will not trust a mechanical rest on my hunts.The Biscuit has been way too good to me thats what I'll stay with!

Comment

well here is the question i'd ask myself depending on the answer then i'd decide

do i believe that an arrow having constant contact with a rest with vanes going through brush affects the flight of the arrow

do i believe that there is a good chance that a drop away will fail.

I do believe that a whisker biscuit affects accuracy and in at least 8 years, 10k+ shots I've never had a single failure of a drop away.

I used to shoot drop zones and after shoot the qad i replaced all rests in my family to the qad's . . . . . . . . five different bows . . . . . not one failure.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
        well here is the question i'd ask myself depending on the answer then i'd decide

do i believe that an arrow having constant contact with a rest with vanes going through brush affects the flight of the arrow

I do believe that a whisker biscuit affects accuracy and in at least 8 years, 10k+ shots I've never had a single failure of a drop away.

I used to shoot drop zones and after shoot the qad i replaced all rests in my family to the qad's . . . . . . . . five different bows . . . . . not one failure.
        exactly.

Comment

I disagree with the whisker biscuit affecting accuracy.I think a drop-away hides crapy shooting form to a certain extent!I shoot my biscuit out to 100yds regularly and have shot a QAD as well and there wasn't a noticeable difference in the two.As for your no failures with the drop-aways I hope I'm wrong but its probably just a matter of time!

Comment

Never a problem with my QAD either. Not saying that it won't happen, but it hasn't yet. The ONLY issue I had, and totally my fault, was on a ram hunt last year or maybe year before last. I generally shoot with the quiver off my bow, it's just added weight and another piece to potentially rattle, although that hasn't been a problem yet. Anyway, I decided I wanted to try a spot and stalk on rams on this hunt and got close enough, drew my bow, all good, then the rams busted me and moved off. It was time to go home, so I let the bow down, and pulled the arrow off the string, but I couldn't get the rest to FALL. It just went down ever so slowly. I couldn't figure it out for several minutes. Then I got to looking closer and realized that the bottom of my quiver was in contact with the thumb wheel on the QAD. I adjusted the quiver and haven't had any issues since.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
              I disagree with the whisker biscuit affecting accuracy.I think a drop-away hides crapy shooting form to a certain extent!I shoot my biscuit out to 100yds regularly and have shot a QAD as well and there wasn't a noticeable difference in the two.As for your no failures with the drop-aways I hope I'm wrong but its probably just a matter of time!
              explain to me how something touching the arrow the entire time and vanes passing through the brushes will not affect accuracy vs

could affect it positively for some people but the fact is the arrow is in contact with the rest longer . . . . period . . . . cannot be argued.

I'm not advocating either, i'm saying answer those two questions on your own and you'll decide.

Comment

explain to me how something touching the arrow the entire time and vanes passing through the brushes will not affect accuracy vs

could affect it positively for some people but the fact is the arrow is in contact with the rest longer . . . . period . . . . cannot be argued.

I'm not advocating either, i'm saying answer those two questions on your own and you'll decide.
                Because the contact is equal it will cancel out to some extent.

But does the marginal at best loss of accuracy beat out the marginal chance for failure of a dropaway? Flip a coin...

Comment

All I can explain to you is what I've experienced and thats I shoot just as accurate at all distances out to 100yds with either rest.I think drop-aways seem more accurate to some if their form is a little flawed but thats another story. I think it has to do with all fletching contact being equal.If you dont believe WB's are accurate you can find a video on youtube of the Pigman (not sure if thats what he was called then)shooting a group at 125yds with a WB with lighted nocks and then steps it off at the end without shutting off the camera"to prove the naysayers wrong".
                  Last edited by ShaBow; 11-03-2011, 04:46 PM.

Comment

The qad is a great rest. However, it is not perfect. Timing cords can and do move. You have to re time the cord everytime you adjust the rest. People have had fletching contact due to the fairly narrow window the arrows shoot thorough. (anyone wanting to argue this point please explain why they include two different launching arms with the rest). There is noise on release. It's not much, but it's there.
                    I am sorry but this is inaccurate info. If the rest is installed correctly the first time none of these things will happen. I have never had fletching contact and my bow shoots
                    350fps with an IBO arrow. Also the noise issue is silly, it is no more louder that the sound of fletchings ripping through all those whiskers, and that doesn't include the sound on the draw through the whiskers if you don't shoot a coated arrow.
                    Last edited by lil_armond; 11-03-2011, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_armond View Post
                      I am sorry but this is inaccurate info. If the rest is installed correctly the first time none of these things will happen. I have never had fletching contact and my bow shoots
                      350fps with an IBO arrow. Also the noise issue is silly, it is no more louder that the sound of fletchings ripping through all those whiskers, and that doesn't include the sound on the draw through the whiskers if you don't shoot a coated arrow.
                      I'm speaking from experience, not out my butt. I have had the cord moved. I have had the vanes making contact with the rest and had to switch launcher arms. I have had the timing cord get caught on the brush.

It's a great rest but it's not perfect. But neither is the wb. Like I said I've used both extensively. If I were to shoot a drop away it would be the qad

Or the new tr revolution.

Comment

I'm speaking from experience, not out my butt. I have had the cord moved. I have had the vanes making contact with the rest and had to switch launcher arms. I have had the timing cord get caught on the brush.
                        Uhm, you need to chill out. I never implied that you were speaking out of your butt. I will say again that if the rest was installed by a compitent professional these wouldn't be issues. I have shot both and a few others and I can say with confidence that IMHO QAD has the best fall away. I have sold to many to count and have many friends who have switched to them and we have never had any of these issues and that is speaking from professional expierence.

Comment

just serve the chord in...... problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_armond View Post
                            Uhm, you need to chill out. I never implied that you were speaking out of your butt. I will say again that if the rest was installed by a compitent professional these wouldn't be issues. I have shot both and a few others and I can say with confidence that IMHO QAD has the best fall away. I have sold to many to count and have many friends who have switched to them and we have never had any of these issues and that is speaking from professional expierence.
                            I wasn't tense lol sorry didn't mean to come off like that

Mine was installed by a professional.

And truth be told it's the best drop away I have ever used. It's a great rest. I have recommended the rest to many friends. It's the best drop away for hunting.

But I did have a problem with mine. And it's not perfect!

Comment

I like to keep things simple.......especially when you're hunting. The WB is the simplest rest on the market, which means that you're less likely to have something fail. I know a lot of guys that shoot drop-away rests and swear by them, but for me.......the WB is worry free.

Comment

make sure you get one with a soft material on the rest or velvet. Draw back should be quiet.

Comment

Working...
                                X