No announcement yet.

Lighted nocks causing my arrows to hit low and left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was having a similar problems. Every once in awhile my shots would fly 2-3" right. I couldn't figure it out since it only happened 1 in 4 shots. I tried everything and when I took the lighted nocks off and replaced them with my normal ones, I started driving tacks again. I'm not sure why it was happening but I won't be using nockturnals on Saturday morning.

Comment

Borderline on spine being too weak. The weight to the back will stiffen the spine and actually help. My GUESS is that the nock pressure and/or fit inside the loop is different.

I can shoot acc nocks, GT nocks, and Bohning nocks from same arrow and have VERY different impact points.

Comment

Well I tried turning the nocks, still hitting low and right.
        Tried changing broadheads between arrows, still low and right
        Tried a different arrow with blazer type vanes, first shot lost a vane. Think it got peeled by the cables because I did not turn the nock and check clearance. So I got real smart and decided to peel the other 2 off and see what a broadhead on a bare shaft would do. DONT DO IT
        Arrow hit short of the target and flipped over the target. Only real damage was it launched the nock into the unknown, don't know where it ended up

I gave up for now and put regular GT nock in and tuned them for vane clearance

Rocky you open tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          So I got real smart and decided to peel the other 2 off and see what a broadhead on a bare shaft would do. DONT DO IT
          Arrow hit short of the target and flipped over the target. Only real damage was it launched the nock into the unknown, don't know where it ended up
          Sounds like the start of another Bronco backstop arrow!!

Comment

Lol maybe you can find your nock when the sun goes down.

Comment

It was not the lighted one but a weighted one supplied with the lighted one by the manufacturer.

It will show up

Going to try a few more things after church tomorrow, if I don't get it figured out I will just hunt with the plain nocks until I do

Comment

Still don't know what the problem is but I suspect it may be a tuning issue

Tried a different(brand) lighted nock and it hit low but in line with the dot I was aiming for

Put a mechanical head on and it hit the same spot as the field points

So I guess I can shoot Slick Tricks with regular nocks and Meat Seekers with lighted nocks and they will all hit the same spot

Comment

Try taking a fingernail file and filing the throat of the Nockturnals until they fit similar to your gt nocks. I suspect there is too much tension on the string with them.

Sent from Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Try taking a fingernail file and filing the throat of the Nockturnals until they fit similar to your gt nocks. I suspect there is too much tension on the string with them.

Sent from Tapatalk
                    I will try that, have some that don't light up that will make good practice nocks

Comment

Working...
                    X