Lighted nocks causing my arrows to hit low and left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighted nocks causing my arrows to hit low and left

Decided to go fling some arrows this afternoon with broadheads to make sure they were still hitting where the field points were. Surprised to find they were not

I am shooting 72#, 28" draw. 5575 Goldtip XT with 100gr Slick Tricks

I shot field points and the regular nocks and the nockturnals hit side by side. Shot a regular nock with a broadhead and it hit where the field points hit. Shot a nockturnal with a slick trick and it was consistently at 8 o'clock and 4.5" left of the spot I was aiming at. They all spin perfect.

Any ideas why they would do this?

I know the simple answer is to just shoot the normal nocks but I would like to shoot the nocturnals for video purposes if I can figure out what is going on

Lighted nock does add some weight, but shouldn't be that drastic!

Comment

turn your bow up 1/2 rotation.

Comment

Adds 20gr to the rear of your arrow.... It'll drop!

Comment

I have never had mine do that. You might try to turn your nock to the next vane and shoot again.

Comment

could you be getting nock pinch? mine were shooting off with a lighted nock than a regular nock i just spaced the loop just a tiny bit and it fixed the problem

Comment

I'm guessing the 20 extra grains on the arrow weakened the spine to the point of being noticable since they were borderline anyways. 55/75's are real close to the 72# you are drawing depending on arrow length.
              How long are the arrows?

Drop the draw weight and the spine might come back in.

Comment

Actually adding weight to the rear of the arrow will actually stiffen the spine, not weaken it. turning it up 1/2 turn should fix it.

Comment

I had the same issue it turned out the nockturnal was slightly bent. Thanks tO one of the guys at cinnamon creeks bow shop we finally figured what was making my arrow fly aprox. 4" high At 20 yds. I tried 100 different things and was about to chunck that arrow in the trash when the " old " guy made a suggestion it might be the knock. He took my arrow pulled out the knock and rolled it on the glass... Sure enough!!! He said " son here's your problem y

Comment

Your knock is bent" ! Man I can't wait to be old and wise

Comment

Hmm, I thought adding weight to either end of the arrow would weaken it.
                      My memory must be slipping. I've been shooting the same arrows successfully for so long I haven't had to deal with this in a while.

Can we agree it messed with his FOC some?

Rollin the nocks to see if they aren't bent sounds quick & easy enough.
                      Last edited by DaveC; 09-28-2011, 11:42 PM.

Comment

I had the same problem, I just sighted in with the lighted knocks. drilling the target out to 65 yards. Shot my lioness with the set up....... Just one small problem, during bright daylight you could not see the knock in flight on video.

Comment

I will try some of the suggestions and see what happens

Putting 1/2 a turn on it is out of the question since it is maxed and might have been backed off 1/2 when it was set up

What is strange is it only shows up when you put a broadhead on, dang near busted a knock shooting at the same spot with field points

Comment

if you have some uncut arrows, you might try one that is at least a 1/2 inch longer and see it if straightens out for you. Or try a 125gr BH if you have one around.

Comment

Might not be sitting on the string correctly. The switch on the nockturnal nocks can creat a different seating on the string. If this happens with the broadhead it will amplify the anomaly. The string should rotate freely in the nock. Some center servings fit too tightly in those nocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X