Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100gr Slick Trick Magnum, tore him up.

Comment

I like Slick Tricks for many reasons, the most important of which are that they fly very well and perform well on game. I have killed many deer, hogs, and an elk with ST 100 gr Magnums.

As Low Fence outlined above, the ST design has many good characteristics. I used to use G5 Montecs, and like them very much - I think they are also a great design. However, my Montecs frequently got banged up by rocks on our San Saba ranch, and although I re-sharpened them whenever possible, they often were not usable again. This gets kinda expensive, since Montecs are typically priced around $35 for 3.

Meanwhile, in addition to their solid design, STs have replaceable blades which are very reasonably priced. The ST blades get banged up by rocks too, but the ferrule usually does not suffer, so you can replace one or both blades and keep shooting (actually, many times I have been able to re-sharpen the ST blades and/or the ferrule tip). And, STs are less expensive than Montecs and many other brands, typically retailing for around $28 for a package of 3.

So it was really economic reasons (in addition to their solid reputation) that led me to try Slick Tricks. However, after using them for several years now, I would recommend them regardless of the economic advantages. I can't say they are THE best design because I have not tried them all, but I can attest that they are a great product that works!

Comment

These things are ridiculously accurate. I had never tried them before about a month ago. I put one on at CCR and hit a 1/2 fishing bobber in my first 2 shots with it at 20 yards. They fly very true, and I can't wait til October!!

Comment

this will be my first year in the field with them,they fly straight and I didnt even have to adjust my sights ,thats pretty cool.

Comment

The st's or grizz's you cant go wrong. The grizz's cut bigger nastier wholes but they should since they are bigger. You cant go wrong with the st's tho. And hey Coack guess what??? You wont have to sharpen them out of the pack!!!!! Lol!!!!

Comment

It's like shooting your animal with a 12ga slug. That is the short of it.

Comment

I dig em as well.

Comment

Switched to the 100 g Grizz tricks last year, they are Awesome!!

Comment

Here's a couple pictures of a pig I shot at 41 yards with a 100 grain slick trick standard he ran maybe 60 yards and was stone cold dead.

Comment

I see alot of pigs on this thread. Anyone have a problem not finding any blood after shooting your pig with any of these ST?

Comment

Only with a poor shot.

Comment

Thats what I thought. Sorry for the question. There is another thread on hear that some people have self healing pigs that don't bleed. What about shooting them through Mesh? I have not yet done that and you hear both sides anyone shoot Slicks through mesh?

Comment

Originally posted by Booger74 View Post
                            Thats what I thought. Sorry for the question. There is another thread on hear that some people have self healing pigs that don't bleed. What about shooting them through Mesh? I have not yet done that and you hear both sides anyone shoot Slicks through mesh?
                            I've shot plenty of muzzy's through the mesh... Im sure it will be FINE!

However, I mainly use the mesh to keep mosquitos and no see ums off me... This year I dont think either of those will be a problem. So Im gonna pull it down and out of the way!

Hopefully someone else can answer what the slicks do through mesh for you.

Comment

2 of my buddies are about to get these.....heard alot of good reviews

Comment

100 ST magnums

Comment

Working...
                                X