Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

just broke my release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
    Betcha the release isnt broken, but the set screw has backed out, and the jaws will not stay closed because of it. check for a small allen screw and see if it is backed out. retighten and try again. I have NEVER broken a release in 25 years + of shooting almost every brand and kind there is to shoot. but i have launched a few flyers when the set screw backed out.
    thanks i'll check that out right now actually, maybe i will get lucky and that will be the issue and i can save a few bucks, thanks again

Comment

Tru Fire 3d

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
        Betcha the release isnt broken, but the set screw has backed out, and the jaws will not stay closed because of it. check for a small allen screw and see if it is backed out. retighten and try again. I have NEVER broken a release in 25 years + of shooting almost every brand and kind there is to shoot. but i have launched a few flyers when the set screw backed out.
        ok good news i think your right, i was able to draw without any issues i wonder if i just thought it broke because it looked funny for a minute after i realized the loop was broke, and here i thought i broke both, but the release seems to be ok.

with that said it is a walmart release. is there any reason i should upgrade or any advantage to upgrading

Comment

I shoot an Allen release that cost ten bucks at academy. I love it, Ive tried a few others and maybe I just don't like change. I would say stick with what's working for ya.

This post made possible by tapatalk...

Comment

Neet, Cant Pinch, or a Cavalier Tab!

Comment

Anyone of the Scott releases are good. I shoot A Mongoose and I'm seriously thinking about going to the Little Goose.

Comment

My scott little goose has been good since 09 but I just sent it to Scotts because the trigger was stuck. They say they have a 5 year warranty so well see what happens.

Comment

tru-ball short n sweet. I've went through two wrist straps and it still is as smooth as the first day I got it

Comment

TruBall Assassin SST....but the same thing started to happen to me and discovered just like you, the tension screw backed out and was prematurly firing...I read the release's instructions and learned that if you're going to mess with the tension screw more than once, you need to use Thread Lock #242(?) on it after the second adjustment to hold that set screw in place...VIOLA!! it woiked!!

Comment

Glad you got it fixed. I'd pick up another release anyway if you have the money. Always good to have a backup in case one breaks while hunting or you drop it from your stand.

Comment

I heard that scott releases are good too...I invested in a truefire edge fb release at cabelas and love it...I had the truefire patriot release-got tired of hitting the bow string while nocking a arrow...

Comment

Working...
                        X