Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

just broke my release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just broke my release

so in the processing of drawing back tonight my release broke. luckly i was only at the point where tension started picking up and the arrow just flew about 20 yards and stopped. can anyone recommend a good release, anything would be an upgrade from my current walmart release. i was looking at a couple different scott releases, they seem to be pretty good and have good reviews, would this be a good direction, thank you.

I love my Scott little bitty goose.

Comment

Can't go wrong with a Scott

Comment

I've heard alot of good things about Scott, but I love my cobra swing away. I've been using it for 5 years.

Comment

i just bought a scott double caliper and it seemed to help me shoot a smaller group

Comment

SCOTT! i shoot a shark. thimk there about 65 at academy

Comment

Scott, Cobra, T.R.U. Ball, Carter, all make great releases. Just find the style you want.

Comment

I've got a brand new truefire hardcore release for sale

Comment

little bitty goose

Comment

Love my Carter 2 Shot.

Comment

tru fire, tru ball, scott. In no particular order.

Lucky you were pointed down... I know "a guy" that shot his neighbors roof. We will leave names out of it but he coaches and is currently typing this on TBH!

Comment

The only one I've used in the last 15ish years is a Jim Fletcher Fletchhunter.

Comment

wow thanks for all the responses guys, i'm going to check out academy tomorrow, mainly cause if i get my new rampage xt tomorrow i don't want to wait the few days for cabelas or bass pro to send one, but i will if i have to, hopefully academy or the place i am getting the bow from will have some to choose from

Comment

Originally posted by awatsonjr View Post
                            I've got a brand new truefire hardcore release for sale
                            ^^^^ I can tell you that this guy will play ball with you.... I have bought WAY too much stuff from him. Thanks Allen!!!

Comment

Betcha the release isnt broken, but the set screw has backed out, and the jaws will not stay closed because of it. check for a small allen screw and see if it is backed out. retighten and try again. I have NEVER broken a release in 25 years + of shooting almost every brand and kind there is to shoot. but i have launched a few flyers when the set screw backed out.

Comment

Working...
                              X