No announcement yet.

D-Loop or off the string?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would keep the D-loop. If you make it as short as you can, you may be able to increase draw length about 1/2 inch. Do not increase draw weight beyond what feels comfortable. Your speed is very good at 279. For your set up I would keep my arrow weight around 375gr. to 400gr. IMO The Bowtech Guardian is a excellent Hunting Bow.

Comment

I shoot off the string one less thing to worry about in the field and its much easier to attach in the dark when pig hunting. I'm sure the D loop is more accurate but I'm not a pro. The loop makes up for about a half inch shorter draw when anchoring to the same place compared to off the string.

Comment

I think he is saying if he removes the loop he can lengthen his draw. Guardian is not adjustable draw so you have to buy new mods. Increase poundage or lower arrow weight if you can. By the time you buy new mods and string you will wish you just bought a new bow.

Comment

I too have a guardian and bought a 70 lb destroyer cause the 60 lb guardian wasn't "fast
          enough". I still have the guardian and bought some 400s to shoot through it. I am curious to see how much arrow weight I can drop and how much speed that will pick up.

Keep in mind the Guardian is VERY quiet and shock free. That is really nice to have. I bet if you tuned up your poundage a bit and maybe lowered your arrow weight a few grains you can get it up to 285-290. Thats fast enough in my opinion. Especially on a super quiet bow.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
            I think he is saying if he removes the loop he can lengthen his draw. .
            This is not the case. The string, when drawn, should be at the same position no matter if he has a D-Loop or puts his release on the string. My string stops right around the back corner of my mouth.

The only thing removing a Dloop would change is where he anchors his hand on his face. If he removes the D-loop, his hand will be a DLoop's lengths further up on his face....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              This is not the case. The string, when drawn, should be at the same position no matter if he has a D-Loop or puts his release on the string. My string stops right around the back corner of my mouth.

The only thing removing a Dloop would change is where he anchors his hand on his face. If he removes the D-loop, his hand will be a DLoop's lengths further up on his face....
              X2 Correct!

Comment

Originally posted by Allaround View Post
                Your speed is just fine, keep the loop.
                This!

Comment

Also if you take the D-loop off it ware's on the serving faster

Comment

If the serving on the string is done RIGHT, it will basically not wear any quicker than the loop wears on the serving. Same pressure put on by both. Been there and done that and I have just recently gone to a loop and I very seldom had to reserve my bow using a release on the string, and this is after many, many years of shooting off the string.

Comment

Originally posted by LWolken View Post
                      I shoot off the string one less thing to worry about in the field and its much easier to attach in the dark when pig hunting. I'm sure the D loop is more accurate but I'm not a pro. The loop makes up for about a half inch shorter draw when anchoring to the same place compared to off the string.
                      X2...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Smart I understand the draw is the same with or without the loop.

I think he is considering removing the loop and because of this he will be able to change his draw length say to 28 or 28.5" from 27.5". I would think he could only get away with 28" unless he has a real long d loop.

Comment

Originally posted by LWolken View Post
                          Hunters benefit from the loop more than target archers.
                          In the event you have to let down after you've drawn your bow, without a loop, your arrow will be pinchrd forward, and you have to re-nock or when you draw again, your arrow will be pushed off the string.
                          With a loop, you can draw multiple times without the nock being pinched forward.
                          If you anchor and touch the tip of your nose, your draw-length will not be affected, only hand placement, that can be addressed by shortening your release.

The loop reduces nock pinch, allowing the bow to tune somewhat easier.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                            Smart I understand the draw is the same with or without the loop.

I think he is considering removing the loop and because of this he will be able to change his draw length say to 28 or 28.5" from 27.5". I would think he could only get away with 28" unless he has a real long d loop.
                            Only if he keeps his same anchor point... and then adding inches to his actual draw length could cause form problems pulling it past his mouth corner or whatever a person might use to determine where his string needs to be at full draw. His measured draw length is his draw length.

I guess a 1/2" would be OK but, I'd prefer to stay with my actual draw.
                            Last edited by Smart; 07-09-2011, 04:34 PM.

Comment

I guess that I really babbled there for a bit. Yes, I was thinking of removing my D-Loop so that I might lengthen my draw...hoping to pick up some speed. After reading the replies and really thinking about, I am gonna leave just as it is. My arrows chrono at 289 fps...should be plenty!

I also just put a Bowtech Invasion on layaway at Mesquite Archery. I can't wait to have it in my hands!

Thanks all!

AC

Comment

As everyone has said, you lose more than you will gain! The loop actually puts the release in line with the arrow giving a more accurate shot, with less nock travel.

Comment

Working...
                                X