if im shooting 43lbs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    Using those guidelines, if it was my bow, I would go with Easton Epic ST 500's (7.3), Beman ICS Hunter 500's (7.3) or Gold Tip XT Hunter 3555's (7.4). They all fall somewhat as a medium-heavy hunting arrow for you and are good quality but won't break the bank either.
    Great advice IMO!

Comment

I will say that out of a compound on 45lb, and 24" draw, a beman realtree 500 cut to 26" and a 100gn G5 Striker for a TW of around 380, I watched that setup get complete pass threws on pigs out to 20yards. I wouldn't recommend any lighter of any arrow than this. Hunting is about penetration not speed, just look at the traditional guys. They get pass thrus at 160fps and the guy on the tv show shooting a mathews monster and light arrows will only get 4-6" of penetration. Just my opinion not gospel.

Comment

realtree 500(8.9gpi) is now discontinued but another similar spined arrow with similar weight would work.

Comment

My wife has a Mathews DXT, 27 inch draw, Gold tip 35/ 55s, blazer, wraps, and Thunderhead 85s. Her bow is set on 42 pounds, its a sweet rig, and gets the job done.

Comment

if im shooting 43lbs

At 43lbs, Easton Epic N-Fused 500 spine (7.3gpi.) would be a good choice. 27 inches long with a 85gr. Broadhead total weight will be 332.1gr. the chart I use shows FOC is 12.9, which is very good, a 100gr. Broadhead will be 347.1 and FOC of 14.5. Either weight would be good for hunting. Slick Trick Broads of course.

Comment

A new arrow company, Harvest Time Archery, has a very light .500 spine that would work well for you. I just got some HT 2 in stock. I fletched up some and shot the .350 spine and wow I gained speed. Not a bunch but going from a .340 spine to a .350 was ok but the 1.2grs per inch has a lot to do with the speed. I will try the .400 spine. Great arrows and great company to do business with.
              Pat

Comment

To shoot that 1.2gpi arrow safely without risking damage to his bow, he'd have to shoot an 80 inch arrow. Speed is all fun and games till your limbs essplode.

Comment

I hope he was refering to the 350 spine being 1.2gpi. lighter than the 340 spine.

Comment

I think youre right. Dont think they could even make a 1.2 arrow

Comment

Working...
                    X