Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Cheap but Effective hog sticker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My current setup is as follows.
    - Get shafts on camo fire for cheap, or buy store brand arrows like redhead. You can get a dozen for $40 fletched, cut, and inserted. They aren't the most durable or best, but they kill a pig just as dead.
    - Ditch the lumenocks for regular nocks. If you want the visibility, the zeon fusion vanes are pretty visible, but a little flimsier and noiser than blazer.
    - Buy bulk vanes and fletch yourself.

I use slick trick heads, which are 3 for $25. My hog arrows cost $12 each rigged. Don't know that it gets much cheaper than that unless you use a cheaper head.

Comment

I also bought some of these...6 for about $12

100 - grain Blur Broadheads

Haven't shot them yet, and I can envision the blades flying off randomly. But they are sharp and have a solid point so they should do the job on a hog and not break the bank.
      With ICS hunters and the aforementioned FOBs they dress out at about $10 each. And, the FOBs save money in the fact that you can use them on multiple arrows, unlike fletchings.

Comment

Originally posted by casilva43 View Post
        get rid of lumenocks and shoot readhead(basspro) or Cabela's brand arrows. Fletch your own if you don't already.
        X2 on the Redhead(Bass Proshop Arrows). RedHead® Carbon Fury Arrows 2'' Raptor Vanes. They are $59 a dozen and every few times a year they usually go on sale for about $49 a dozen. Went online and saw they now come with Raptor vanes. Plenty left in store with Blazer vanes I'm sure. I have had arrows touching at 20 yards in groups and have Robin Hooded them as well. They are very reliable arrows. You DONT need to shoot expensive arrows to accurately shoot a bow with a good kill shot.

Comment

Working...
        X