how long do arrows last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackh View Post
    when i go fetch the arrow and flex test it, what should i be looking for that will tell me to scrap the arrow? cracks in the arrow? creaking noise when flexed?
    Here's what Easton says to check:
    WARNINGS ABOUT USAGE WARNING! FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO AVOID PERSONAL INJURY. SEE WARNINGS AND USE @ WWW.BSAFE.WS OR 877-INFO-ETP (877-4636-387) ARROW

WARNING - Follow These Instructions To Avoid Personal Injury

An arrow shaft can become damaged from impacts with hard objects or other arrows or after being shot into a game animal. A damaged arrow could break upon release and injure you or a bystander. You must carefully inspect each arrow shaft, nock, and other components before each shot to see that they have not been damaged. Before shooting, place the arrow between your thumb and fingers, and, using your other hand to slowly rotate the shaft, run your fingertips along the entire arrow length, feeling and looking closely for nicks, cracks, splits, dents, or other marks that could indicate the shaft has been damaged. When checking carbon arrows, perform the following additional tests:

1.Grasp the shaft just above the point and below the nock, then flex the arrow in an arc (bending it away from you and others) with a deflection of 1 to 2 inches (2.5 to 5 cm), and listen for cracking noises. Perform this test four to six times, rotating the arrow slightly between each flex until you have gone around the entire arrow. If you hear or feel cracking, the carbon has been damaged.
    2.While still holding the point and fletching ends, twist the shaft in both directions. If the arrow “relaxes” or twists easily, the carbon has been damaged.
    If an arrow has been damaged, or if you believe it has been damaged, do not shoot it again as it could break on release, and sharp arrow pieces could hit and injure you or someone nearby.

Comment

Until you loose or break them.

Comment

"While still holding the point and fletching ends, twist the shaft in both directions. If the arrow “relaxes” or twists easily, the carbon has been damaged."

i dont understand this part

100%- thanks for the help

Comment

Hold the arrow with one end in each hand. Twist each hand in opposite directions (counterclockwise and clockwise). If the arrow allows any twisting along its length, then its broken. The arrow should resist any applied twisting or torque from end to end. Listen closely for any cracking or creaking sounds while you are twisting.

Good luck and good shooting!

Comment

perfect thanks for the help. ill go ahead and buy all 12 new custom arrows now and just try to take good care of them and shoot them all the same amount

Comment

mine last until I lose them. I still have 6 from 2 years ago - a record for me!

Comment

Working...
              X