No announcement yet.

Month old Z7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a string failure on my Switchback and the limbs held together. New cams, strings and cables, it’s back in operation. However, I did not walk away without some damage. I will say that I was scared to shoot the bow after the rebuild so I let my buddy test it out first. lol

Comment

Originally posted by jmiles95 View Post
      good chance your bow may have been pressed incorrectly. One of the guys in the shop I go to these days in north Houston (the Bow Zone) said that if the limbs split on the parallel limb bows there's a good chance it was pressed wrong at some point. He said there's only one type of press that Mathews endorses for their bows... "X-press" i believe.

the basic premise is that you can only press one of the limbs - I can't remember if it's upper or lower...I'll try to remember to ask next time! If the one you are not supposed to press gets pressed, then it can cause damage that would lead to your result.

I think they were the number one Mathews dealer in the country last year, so they see a LOT of bows. I had a buddy that had a Bowtech blow up on him too, and they made it right too. Oh, and a "dry fire" can also cause damage that will lead to split limbs...particularly on parallel limb bows, from what the guy at the archery shop said...
      I think this is true. I needed a 29 draw and all they had was a 28. But they said they would just change the cam. My dealer here does NOT have a X press plus it's a young man who is just learning. I have just relized that I have been shooting this thing with out the lower axle keeper. Don't know if I lost it when the limb broke or if they left it off?

Comment

Working...
      X