Month old Z7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month old Z7

I have a month Z7 that last week the lower limb just shattered. The good thing was called Mathews and they over nite a new set of limbs. Any one else heard of this happening?

no have not, and no word on the Mathews forum.

Comment

HAven't heard anything from any of the many folks I know who have gotten them.

Comment

No pictures? Didn't happen!

Comment

Those things are bulletproof! But then I thought Hoyt's were, too, when my Hoyt limb shattered at full draw.

But there's usually a reason for something like this, and when I got to thinking about it, the reason became obvious. The same (shattered) limb was the one which had hit the ground first when I made a faster than expected exit from a tree blind the prior season. Hadn't shot it much at all between that "fast landing" and the day it shattered.

Like Mathews, Hoyt took care of me.

Comment

No sorry didn't get any pictures. I took it back to the where I bought it from and left it with them.

Comment

I have baby this Z7 from day one. I was shotting 100 arrows a day but wouldn't think that would hurt it. Asked the shop if Mathews said any thing about it and they said they get bad limbs from time to time. Just my luck.

Comment

dont feel bad. you are right in that it is gonna happen every now and then. at least you didn't get hurt when it shattered.

Comment

Originally posted by Alley Dog View Post
                  I have baby this Z7 from day one. I was shotting 100 arrows a day but wouldn't think that would hurt it. Asked the shop if Mathews said any thing about it and they said they get bad limbs from time to time. Just my luck.
                  Regardless of brand, limb failure happens.
                  Mathews will take care of it and your bow will be good as new.
                  Don't let this make you question the quality.

Comment

Glad you were not hurt.

Comment

Oh I don't the fact that they over nite new limbs say's alot.

Comment

No did not get hurt it broke away from me just scared the poop out of me. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Alley Dog View Post
                          No did not get hurt it broke away from me just scared the poop out of me. LOL
                          It would of scared me to!

Comment

I saw an example of a Z7 with a shattered lower limb on AT.

Comment

I'm sure it's never fun to have to start over from scratch to tune your bow, but better to happen now during the off-season than during a hunt. Glad to hear Mathews stepped up and got you the limbs quick.

Comment

Working...
                              X