No announcement yet.

DIY---- Hog Light (Stabalizer Light)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used 18 ga wire and drilled the hole bigger and it works just fine.

Comment

nice light, looks bright

Comment

Great idea ! I may have try making one of these "hog lights".

Comment

Works great on rabbits, killed one at 25 yards with my bow friday night !

Comment

Originally posted by J McCoy View Post
            sweeet!

Comment

Finally built mine and glad I did. Kinda sad though cause now I keep looking for lights with really high lumens that I might be able to convert.

Comment

Originally posted by J McCoy View Post
                Cool

Comment

Originally posted by brushsniper View Post
                  Finally built mine and glad I did. Kinda sad though cause now I keep looking for lights with really high lumens that I might be able to convert.
                  I've been looking for those as well seems that the 75 lumen coleman light has the best construction for conversion, other lights with the rear push button activation cause complications when you modify them. So far this is the best light for the job and still cheap enough to even be cost effective vs buying a Hog Light.

Comment

I built one, works good to about 20 maybe 25yrds with the red lens on. I used an old car cell phone charger I had laying around, does the 18ga wire really make a difference?

Comment

Makes a huge dif. Just make sure to make a pit with a small drill bit for it to sit in then super glue it in there.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                        I built one, works good to about 20 maybe 25yrds with the red lens on. I used an old car cell phone charger I had laying around, does the 18ga wire really make a difference?
                        I'm using 22 gauge solid core non twist and it works fine

Comment

I'm tring this with a different light. Will post some results later

Comment

Post some pics of the light.

Comment

Anyone find other suitable donor lights of higher luminosity to modify yet?

Comment

I am working on one with 145 lumens, push button on the end. Hitting some hurdles

Comment

Working...
                                X