• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neat!

Comment

I take it you don't have an HOA. HAHAHA

Comment

That is awesome!! Y’all did a great job! Here’s mine I did for my garden last year, it works great. I have a submersible pump I drop down in the barrel to water with. You’ll like it for sure! And I would a whole lot rather use rainwater for the garden. Plants just do way better. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
        Attached Files

Comment

Only takes bout 1” of rain to fill em all (5- 150 gallon) up coming off one side of my shop. The first container has a 4” PVC overflow coming out the side into the pasture. With a fine screen over the end to keep the bugs n stuff out. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

I approve....

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
              Only takes bout 1” of rain to fill em all (5- 150 gallon) up coming off one side of my shop. The first container has a 4” PVC overflow coming out the side into the pasture. With a fine screen over the end to keep the bugs n stuff out. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
              750 gal from one inch of rain means you have a nice size shop!

Comment

where do you guys tend to buy/find barrels for those water collection systems?

Comment

1200 sq ft on the east side (30x40) and @ .6 gallons per square foot, per inch of rain, it actually gets me 720 gallons. So I guess I should’ve worded it “almost full” would prob be more accurate. It’s amazing how quick they fill! If it really rains hard, I actually can’t “catch it” as well, cuz I just fabbed up some brackets, and rednecked up a 4” gutter the 40’ length of my shop, and it can’t keep up/it overflows. Sorry OP, didn’t mean to hijack your thread! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                      1200 sq ft on the east side (30x40) and @ .6 gallons per square foot, per inch of rain, it actually gets me 720 gallons. So I guess I should’ve worded it “almost full” would prob be more accurate. It’s amazing how quick they fill! If it really rains hard, I actually can’t “catch it” as well, cuz I just fabbed up some brackets, and rednecked up a 4” gutter the 40’ length of my shop, and it can’t keep up/it overflows. Sorry OP, didn’t mean to hijack your thread! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                      I'm glad you hijacked because this is GREAT INFO!

Comment

Hell yeah that is cool.

Comment

Thanks y'all. I have been really busy and with the TBH changes and slow speed, I confess I haven't been keeping up. With the rain we got on Sunday, I discovered 1.7" will fill all 6 barrels.

Cratus, I know you asked in January and I somehow missed your post. Can I blame it on the TBH server changes?? LOL I found a guy just north of Tyler in Lindale that sells them. I don't know where you are located, but ask around. If you are near Tyler, I'll PM his information.

Comment

Nice job on your system but I would make sure you make it where it's easy to add barrels if you get more. That seems like a lot of water until you go a long time with out rain. I had a 24,000 gallon system at my last house but ran out of water two years where we didn't get much rain. Where you live probably isn't a problem but here in the hill country it is for sure.

Comment

Draco, you are right. 330 gallons of water won't get far in a drought. The beauty of this system is each stack can be independent. We'd like to add another system near the shop, but for now, this is fine.

Comment

Great thread, gets my wheels to spinning....

Comment

Working...
                                X