No announcement yet.

Classic pinball machine refurbish/repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it was made like that. Good job!

Comment

Your bringing this thing to the next Bownanza right?

Comment

The fab job turned out nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
          The fab job turned out nice.

It will for sure do the job. It is for stronger than the stock plastic.

I will eventually find and buy a new ramp, because you can’t beat the look of fresh clear ramps. I will probably outfit the future new ramp with metal protectors. These inner ramps run around 200-250.

Comment

LEDs arrived and have been installed. Pictures really don’t do the machine justice. I ordered frosted warm white for a majority of back box and playfield to keep the vintage look, and ordered some colored LEDs for various places as well.

I was unaware that the topper had some general illumination, and was glad to see the topper lit after replacing bulbs.

Still need to order a bunch of colored LEDs for under playfield matrix inserts, but atleast now I can start reassembling the playfield.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Playfield has been reassembled! Went back together smoothly and having a ton of pictures was very helpful.

Comment

Wow it looks great!

Comment

This is just super cool man. Looking great!

Comment

That is a far cry from where it was when you started! Nice work man!

Comment

Looking great!

Comment

That is pretty sweet. Lot of sweat and time (and probably $$) went into that.

Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by crittergetter76 View Post
                            That is pretty sweet. Lot of sweat and time (and probably $$) went into that.
                            Curious OP...you think you would come out ahead if you were to sell?

Comment

Classic pinball machine refurbish/repair

So truth be told, I found this machine is rough shape at a garage sale for 100.00 bucks! After doing some research, the way it was when found was worth around 1000-1500 in parts alone. With a “shopped” playfield, and refurb machine is closer to 2000-2500. In pristine shape with full re condition 100% like new. They run around 5-6k.

There were only around 4700 produced in 1989. So not nearly that many left.

I’ll be way ahead of the curve on this one, especially due to most of work being done by me Vs. A shop.

Last edited by BOWtechnicianTX; 09-12-2022, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Man, good work. I would have torn the thing down, grown weary, and said screw it. :-). A lot of detailed work there!

Comment

Working...
                                X