Xpress XP20CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    What brand and model did you go with? How hard was it to install?

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Bay star. I’ll have to find the model I bought it used on marketplace. Hardest part of the install was pulling the lines but I pulled both at once using the old cable- could have been an easier way. I downloaded the manual with the helm template for drilling the holes. Ordered a bleeder loop on Amazon and had a buddy help me watch the bubbles. Overall a pretty easy project with Minimal steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trim ram is leaking so I need to fix the seal. Seadek rolls for the front deck should be here today. Got a Bimini top inbound also.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
        Trim ram is leaking so I need to fix the seal. Seadek rolls for the front deck should be here today. Got a Bimini top inbound also.

Are you doing the diy seadeck? Post some pics of your project when you get it done.

Comment

Are you doing the diy seadeck? Post some pics of your project when you get it done.

Yes DIY. The cost of that hurt, couldn’t even consider custom for this boat. Took two rolls, plus I ordered a fish ruler. $350 with the Memorial Day 15% off. Got started today, I couldn’t wait.

Made a template from the box it came in and a flooring box.

Laid out the rolls on the shop floor. Taped them down and taped them together. Then I taped the template on top minimizing the waste as best I could.

Used a metal straight edge to cut against. Went slow and careful. Cuts easy which is good and bad. Told my wife I hate cutting it before I started. $350 gamble and you don’t know if it’s right until you’re done. She said it’ll be right enough no matter what lol. Deep sigh of relief

Comment

I should have enough left to put some pads on the rear deck where I walk/stand, plus the dash and maybe the steps on the float pods. Trying to plan and use every inch I can of this stuff. Pricey, but the off brands on Amazon all had a pattern cut in them which I didn't want. I did find one or two options, but it wasn't worth chancing an off brand to save $100 overall in my opinion. It's worth noting, the brushed finish still has a pattern of sorts. Not noticeable from 5 feet away, but it did change my plan on the front deck a bit because the "grain" would have been going in different directions.
            Last edited by TexasBob; 06-05-2023, 06:38 AM.

Comment

I'm just happy to see that others guys have a garage a dirty as mine.

Comment

I'm just happy to see that others guys have a garage a dirty as mine.
                I should have cropped that pic . I rarely take time to fully clean, always something going on. I hate it, but such is life.

Comment

Be careful pulling it out of the water if the front winch isn’t hooked up. I have seen way too many boats slide off the trailer on the ramp with those plastic bunk boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbull9 View Post
                    Be careful pulling it out of the water if the front winch isn’t hooked up. I have seen way too many boats slide off the trailer on the ramp with those plastic bunk boards.

Without a doubt. Stays hooked up backing in Also. Thanks for the tip though

Comment

Stuck it down. Stuff has a memory from being rolled so I’ve got weights on it and will let it bake in the sun. Install videos say it’s pressure sensitive adhesive and heat helps. I went name brand thinking the adhesive was better. Not impressed at all at the moment.

Comment

Make sure you apply pressure! A big mistake a lot of flooring crews make when installing LVP flooring with pressure sensitive adhesive is that they don't roll the floor with a 100 lb roller. The 100 lb roller applies pressure which "activates" the adhesive qualities.

Comment

Sun and pressure did the trick. Couldn’t pull it up now if I wanted to

Comment

Working...
                          X