• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy smokes that’s a nice place! Great job

Comment

Man this turned out niceeeeee

Comment

You have a beautiful home with a beautiful view.

Comment

Everything came out beautiful. Thanks for the ride.

Comment

Congratulations! It looks incredible. I like all the special touches you put in. ENJOY!

Comment

That's pretty fancy-schmancy-neat......but how in tarnation can you possibly relate that to any form of "farmhouse"? I especially like the detail to the outlets so they don't poke out and the "one off" light switch idea.

I've enjoyed the build though!

Comment

Originally posted by Beardedbuck View Post
                That's pretty fancy-schmancy-neat......but how in tarnation can you possibly relate that to any form of "farmhouse"? I especially like the detail to the outlets so they don't poke out and the "one off" light switch idea.

I've enjoyed the build though!

Thanks. Here’s a little explanation.

Common Farmhouse Architectural Design Elements:
                -gable roof lines
                -rectangular or “T” shaped layouts
                -white or light exteriors
                -metal roofs
                -large porches
                -one and a half or 2 stories
                -formal rooms separated from family rooms

Common Modern Architectural Design Elements
                -clean minimal lines
                -large windows/walls of glass
                -open well defined floor plans
                -asymmetrical design
                -elimination of ornamentation

To put it Lehmann’s terms, “Modern” architecture is mistakenly confused for what is popular today. The term that describes what is in style today is “Contemporary”. “Modern” is a specific style of architecture, same as Traditional, Victorian, Spanish, Santa Barbara, etc., that was based on an art movement than lasted until around 1960 or so. When most people see pictures of a “modern farmhouse” on HGTV there’s not hardly anything Modern about them. Those are really contemporary farmhouses. We incorporated true modern architectural elements in with our farmhouse elements for our take on an actual modern farmhouse.

So that’s how I’m tarnation we got to where we relate it to a farmhouse haha.

Comment

Modern Farmhouse Build

Lehmann’s or layman’s terms?

‘Lehmann’s terms’ sounds like something from college calculus.

Beautiful house.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    Lehmann’s or layman’s terms?

‘Lehmann’s terms’ sounds like something from college calculus.

Beautiful house.

Yeah you got me there. My phone autocorrected that and I didn’t even think to go change it.

Comment

following

Comment

That looks awesome. We finished our build around the same time and have really been enjoying it. I thought we were spending alot of money during the build, but after you move in it seems like it doubled. Furniture, decor, dirtwork, grass, landscaping…the list goes on.
                        Congrats on a beautiful home.

Comment

This house is nice!! What floors did you go with in the main areas?

Comment

Originally posted by bhaggie86 View Post
                            This house is nice!! What floors did you go with in the main areas?
                            It's an engineered French Oak floor with a 4mm wear layer.

I got it from Hurst Hardwoods online. I was skeptical because I had never previously ordered from them and didn't know what to expect but the product ended up being a great value.

Comment

Your floor looks great. We ordered a similar engineered oak floor from Floorz.com.

They were great to work with and I’d recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow. Beautiful place!

Comment

Working...
                                X