No announcement yet.

Modern Farmhouse Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well sorry about the lack of updates but here’s where we are now. I’ve still got a few minor things I’m working on finishing up but we are mainly done. We moved in back in October just to get out of our apartment we were living in.

The last 8 weeks before we moved in was a madhouse. We had to give a 2 month notice at our apt and 2 weeks into that I caught Covid which left me on house arrest for 10 days and with absolutely zero energy for 15 days, not ideal to lose 25% of the days I had left to get it ready to move in. Then, wouldn’t you know it, on the home stretch 5 days before we were moving out our crackhead neighbor caught her apartment on fire. Luckily we had already sold all our furniture that we didn’t want anymore and the firefighters got things handled quick enough that we didn’t lose any of our clothes to smoke damage.

In any instance here’s where we are now. Mainly waiting on furniture that seems to be perpetually backordered and I need to get some dead stuff hung up on the walls!

Exterior (still need to get my landscape lighting installed)

Kitchen/Living/Dining (have some decorative beams I still need to get installed in the kitchen pop up ceiling and dining room)

Master Bed/Bath

Game Room (wife still needs to pick out a light fixture of fan for in here but she hasn’t been in any hurry since we are still waiting on furniture)

Upstairs Bedroom/Bathrooms

Guest/Powder Bath

Some of the unique details

Built in Shade pockets that use the window casing as the valence. We wired for motorized shades at all locations but they are all manual for now. Covid crushed our construction budget.

3 panel dishwasher (left) to match cabinet on the right to further disguise the dishwasher

Pop up outlets on island

Strategically placed return air locations to hide them and reduce the amount of “stuff” visible on the ceilings

Recessed outlets behind all nightstands and TV’s so that furniture can be pushed all the way against the baseboard and not press against the plugs

All the bath vent fans have hidden switches relocated inside the vanities and automatically operate via motion detection or humidity detection. One less switch on the walls in all those locations.

Lutron Lighting control for the main living spaces. It’s nice to just press the “all off” button on the way to bed instead of having to make a lap around the house turning off all the lights. Also nice to not have large switch banks on the wall anywhere.

Comment

Wow that turned out great

Comment

That looks fantastic. Awesome job on the little extra touches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
          Beautiful place and cool thread! Curious, did you consider using a Hardie product for the black lap look?

ac
          Sorry for the delayed response. We never really considered Hardie, although functionally it would have a been a perfectly fine solution. I wanted a natural stone but my wife didn’t like that idea and she wanted board formed concrete which wasn’t in the budget. We settled on a concrete look tile which was only going to fit our budget if we self performed it. 2,500 sq feet later, my wife, Dad and I had it all up. Only took us like 3 months of free time to get that chore completed, we were pumped when that task was finally done. I did finally pay our tile guy to come grout it for me once we had all the tile up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            That looks fantastic. Awesome job on the little extra touches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
            Appreciate it. There was a lot of time spent making it all come together but as stressful as it was, we love it now that we are in.

Comment

That's a beautiful home.

Comment

Beautiful home! Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a great build. I like it all

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    Beautiful home! Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Thanks. Followed your build thread as well. You've got an awesome place!

Comment

Boy I really like what you did there. Good looking for sure!

Comment

Beautiful, very well thought out!

Comment

That is a beautiful house!

Comment

Wow!

I had forgotten about this. Looks like something off better homes and garden

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Unique is an understatement....very nice all the way around. Congrats [emoji106][emoji106]

Comment

Looks good. Enjoy your new place. Don't ever let the tax appraisal guy inside.

Comment

Working...
                                X