No announcement yet.

99-f250-7.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got all the tint off the windows so I can actually see out of them now. Got the bumper pulled off for a winch plate and sandblast and powder coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Put new shocks on it , only took 6 hours for 6 shocks , was a royal pain in the rear. Got 2 new steering stabilizer shocks ordered. Got a light bar wired up on the front also. Put on new water pump, power steering pump , idler pulley , tensioner pulley , belt , high pressure power steering line , thermostat and housing, temp sensor...

Winch is the 12000lb from Harbor Freight..

Comment

Got the front two door handles on wit locks keyed to my ignition key. So nice having door handles.

Had an old headache rack that had seen better days so cut it up and had new attachments made.

Comment

Comment

Fixed several other small things here and there , did more bedliner to coverup bad paint. Got some cube LED lights on the way for backup lights. Still a work in process....

Hard to see but looks much better..

Comment

Looks like a hole new truck!

Comment

Give you $2000 for it? What! your double your money. Looks good.

Comment

Holy crap, you got the steal of the century right there, even at 290k miles. My folks used to have a 7.3 Excursion. They sold or traded it in at 230k miles and I was heartbroken. Didn't have the cash to buy it off them at the time. I wanted that rig so bad!

Comment

Hey I know this is an old thread but what the heck I hope you see this.
                      I own a 1999 F 350 that I used to haul cars with I put 425,000 on it loaded to 26,000 most of the time. The best upgrade I did was replace the up-pipes to the International style with bellows!!! it is a must do. Get a mirror or a snake camera and look behind the turbo where the two pipes meet the collector,Another way to know is on a cold morning get someone else to start it while you look back there with the hood up.If you see smoke at all it's leaking. I will bet you there is black soot around them where they are leaking. This reduces your boost pressure and the amount of air in the fuel mix. I replaced mine and it felt like a new truck. That and the S&b air box made a huge difference and I got about a 10-15% fuel increase too.
                      One note there are 2 1999 versions!! they made a change on 12-07-1999 hopefully you have the good one 1999.5-2003. I wasn't so lucky and have the old one (odd duck).

Good luck and P.M.me if you need to know something.

Comment

Working...
                      X