No announcement yet.

99-f250-7.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your a/c issue is quite possibly a bad temperature/blend door actuator. I had to replace mine in an ‘06 I used to have. Feel like the part was around $50 and only took like 15 minutes to change out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok the slop is out of the shifter and a new shift linkage bushing kit down under and we now have first gear also. Will start looking at the a/c now....

,,,Sam,,,

Comment

Please keep the advice coming this is the first Ford I’ve ever owned...

If anyone has a spare or a rim that will work for me please let me know...

,,Sam,,

Comment

If it has not already been done change the coolant reservoir. I have an 02 with 200K. Mine blew out about a week ago. $65 at O'Riely. Better than sitting on the side of the road.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Let me know where you find your vacuum leak. Having the same issue with my 2005 F250 now. 4x4 auto has never worked- have always had to lock hubs manually. I did change the hubs but didn't fix the problem. Just now started having the dash vents default to defrost vents when in 4wd, but they go back to dash vents eventually on their own.

Comment

Let me know if you want to double your money.
                Heck, triple your money. You got the deal of a lifetime on that.

Comment

There is a little vacuum pump on the passenger side near the fender well, under the hood.
                  You can chase the vacuum lines up to it if you cant find it. If you have a leak, it will continue to run. I was having hub issues too that was keeping my vents from working. So I pulled the lines going to the hubs, and plugged them with a spent 22 shell. This made the pump shut off, and my vents went to working properly. I was going to go back and change the hose to the hubs, but I never did it.

Comment

Bookmark this website for future repair needs: https://www.dieselorings.com/

Comment

Got some parts for today’s play time , coolant reservoir , fan resistor , a/c-heat actuator , transmission filter...

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                        I'd say vacuum leak is why ac vent and 4x4 lock dont work. Pick up a extra CPS and put it in the glove box now.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
                        x2 on the CPS.

ONLY buy OEM CPS! I promise you will regret buying anything other than OEM for that part.

A replacement idler pulley is another handy part to keep in the truck just in case.

Comment

I should have added to my previous comment. There is a large seal behind each wheel hub that can go out. Is is a two piece design. The ID seals to the axle, and the OD seals to the steering knuckle. The wheel hub mounts into the steering knuckle. When these seals go out and you engage 4wheel they leak too much air not allowing the auto lock hubs to engage, and if on it makes your air come out the defrost vents. The actuator I mentioned previously strictly controls the temperature door.

Comment

Ok we now have heat and a/c that all functions as it should , every control works as it should with quick response....

Comment

Making good progress. Keeping the toolbox, or gonna get a shell?

Comment

Just put the box in from the old Dodge , probably won’t do a topper on this one...

,,Sam,,

Comment

Working...
                                X