Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following

Comment

It’s been awhile but got the frame to the box built. Now just got to get the sidding done and get ready for the season. The box is 6x8 and ended going with a 3ft porch. Looking forward to getting it completed and in the field!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone use the swing sash deer blind windows? Do you recommend them?

Comment

Got the frame ready for paint tomorrow then it’s time to start putting up the walls
          Attached Files

Comment

What kind of siding?

Comment

3/8 plywood for the sides 3/4 for the floor and 1/2 for the roof with a couple sheets of tin for cover

Comment

following

Comment

Originally posted by hlavinkajustin View Post
                  Ya we will have a tractor for extra support while picking it up off the trailer. Other than that we will have a winch on another pickup helping raise it. Pretty much where we lift it off the trailer is the location where it will be going. The bottom skid is designed to be 12x12 with the legs at a pretty good angle to match up to the 8x8 too so it should be ok as far as support from tipping.However i **** sure plan on taking extra precautions and driving tpost in the ground to make me feel better.
                  Uh.... I don't think you will need t-posts in the ground The weight of that beast will surely keep it in place. Surely.

Comment

what size square tubing did you use on the frame?

Comment

3/8 plywood for the sides 3/4 for the floor and 1/2 for the roof with a couple sheets of tin for cover
                      That's too much span for plywood man. Its gonna bow, and be flimsy at the laps. I would put more wall bracing in.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                        what size square tubing did you use on the frame?
                        2x2x3/16“

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                          That's too much span for plywood man. Its gonna bow, and be flimsy at the laps. I would put more wall bracing in.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                          I’m using 2x2 boards for runners along the sides to beef it up some. Ya it would have way too much give just leaving it with only screwed to the frame

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                            Uh.... I don't think you will need t-posts in the ground The weight of that beast will surely keep it in place. Surely.
                            Ya i was planning on going up 12ft now i cut that in half because of the weight. It’s already going to be trouble getting it up 6ft with how big it is i couldn’t imagine going any higher.

Comment

Following

Comment

I’m using 2x2 boards for runners along the sides to beef it up some. Ya it would have way too much give just leaving it with only screwed to the frame
                                Good deal. If you haven't bought plywood yet, look into smart board. It's good stuff. One side is grooved & primed, and it is water resistent. The interior side looks like OSB, but its not like OSB at all. It wont absorb water.

Comment

Working...
                                X