No announcement yet.

Fiberglass Tank Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to share a little success we had from the "condo blind" yesterday morning.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1923.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	24599721
    With the rut in full swing my daughter and I headed out before daybreak to our setup, I fired up the heater and she crawled in her sleeping bag until sunrise about 7:30 a few doe began moving in and out of the area but my daughter new we were after a buck.

Name:	IMG_1927.JPG
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	24599722
    We were glassing one particular doe when out of nowhere a big bodied big rushes in on the doe. I check the buck is legal ask if she wants to shoot him she responds yes! We get setup and at 70 yards she smokes him with "her" blackout shooting 110 grain hornady full boar ammo, he barely made to brush before piling up.

Name:	IMG_1960.JPG
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	24599723

Name:	IMG_1952.JPG
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	24599724
    The buck field dressed 164.5 and was a solid mainframe 9pt. not bad for a 6 year olds first season, it was also very rewarding to see all the work we put into building the blind rewarded with her trophy!

Name:	IMG_1964.JPG
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	24599725

Video Link

Comment

Pretty slick right there!!

Comment

Top notch video, well done dad!

Comment

Absolutely fantastic. I would guy-wire on it, though. If you catch a nasty wind the pull up force from leverage from being that tall is significant.

Comment

I love this and can't wait to start on mine! I'm gonna use wood for my window frames and probably buy plexiglass to use for the windows. It looks like it is getting the job done as far as producing good animals. Congrats to the young one.

Fireman

Comment

Looks great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! Especially for sharing the good time with your young'n.

Comment

Great deer and video. Your daughter is so precious

Comment

Working...
                  X