No announcement yet.

Raised receiver hitch height by 4”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love DIY projects. I weld more than most, and can say that given this situation I would buy a $30 drop hitch and flip it from a cost standpoint (mainly time) and even more so because of the LIABILITY. IF anything were to ever happen that hitch would be in question. Not saying your trailer will ever come off on it's own, but what if someone hits you, road damage puts too much stress on it etc.

Just food for thought. Glad it's working out for you. Hope you continue to post projects on here. I do think most of the feedback is trying to look out for you, not hate on you.

Comment

I have always just bought a drop hitch and installed it upside down when I needed a rise.

Comment

Raised receiver hitch height by 4”

She’s still going strong. Has pulled
        my large 24’ trailer over 18,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good welding job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

please wrap it with fiber fix tape for extra reinforcement

Comment

can you flip over a 4" drop reciever? or does that not work properly making it a 4" rise reciever

Comment

Too many additional failure points for me. I'm sure it's fine, just speaking for myself.

Comment

Pretty cool idea

Comment

Hmmm

Comment

I bet all the negative Nancy’s on here have the nicest most expensive trailer hitch you can buy and most have probably never even used them. Sometimes I feel like I’m reading some yuppie hipster forum. Nice hitch and I bet your kids loved and learned from the project.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                        I dont see anything wrong with it. Pretty good idea.
                        Me either. We got a deck over axle trailer at work and this would be perfect for pulling it.

Comment

Working...
                        X