Raised receiver hitch height by 4”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
    To each there own! I don’t mind.... She has performed flawless and makes me happy. What else matters? Everyone likes to say what they think. I was prepared for that when I posted it. I’ve had dozens of welding projects I put on here that get tons of positive comments. A little “critiquing” just makes me better and think more about future projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would try to stick some grip tape on that step, those things get slick when wet and it plays hell on the shin bone when your boot slips off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I would try to stick some grip tape on that step, those things get slick when wet and it plays hell on the shin bone when your boot slips off.

Good idea Dale!

Comment

Post Pics when you go to use that 1 7/8 ball.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post

[emoji16]

Comment

I won’t criticize your welding abilities because they are far better than mine. What I don’t understand is how folks have the time to do stuff like this LOL I look forward to kids getting a little older and having time to piddle again. I recently bought one of the B&W tow and stow,, you saved yourself about $225!

Comment

Hell I can't weld either looks solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post

That was mid project. Just designed for large ball.

Comment

Good luck!!!

Comment

Good idea, anyone know what the max height is before you run into trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                      I won’t criticize your welding abilities because they are far better than mine. What I don’t understand is how folks have the time to do stuff like this LOL I look forward to kids getting a little older and having time to piddle again. I recently bought one of the B&W tow and stow,, you saved yourself about $225!

My boys are teenagers and older now. This made for a good father-son project as have all the welding adventures the last couple years. Nothing better than building something with your son.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                        Nothing better than building something with your son.
                        This right here ^^^
                        With my daughter away and in college now, I do miss those days of her in the garage helping me work on the cars. We still hunt, so there will always be that!

Comment

I would like to petition that we quit referring to the trailer as a “lowboy” once it had the axels relocated below the springs and needed a hitch lift!

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
                            I would like to petition that we quit referring to the trailer as a “lowboy” once it had the axels relocated below the springs and needed a hitch lift!

LMAO!!! True.... my “High-Boy” trailer.....

Comment

Ok, I was an independent oilfield welding contractor for nearly 40 years. Actually still do a little of it, but mostly retired. I can weld. And I'll bet, from what I see, even if those welds aren't x ray perfect, you couldn't tear that hitch up with a D8 cat. Just my 2 cent's worth.

Comment

Just got done with a 800 mile round trip to the lease. Trailer loaded with 2 quads, quad trailer, and 2,500 pounds of feed. Last 25 miles to the lease is some of the worst west Texas mountain trails and ravines and she’s still holding strong! Gotta be the Krylon!

Comment

Working...
                                X