Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Best value circular saw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WildThings View Post
    Borrow one
    Don’t be “that” guy .. buy you one. Odds are if you need one now you will need one again eventually, Good to have one around. The more familiar you are with the saw the cleaner your cuts will be also
    Last edited by Jcjohnson; 07-20-2019, 10:01 AM.

Comment

I like rigid and comes with lifetime warranty including batteries if bought in the set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Makita

Comment

Skilsaw worm drive. Best saw I've ever owned.
          All the best,
          Glenn

Comment

When it comes to a circular saw, my vote is with Makita. Their saws just seemed to be well balanced and not too heavy. They may not have all the bells and whistles that other certain models do, But they are work horses! I have owned mine for about 8 years now. No issues!

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
              I frame houses and any given day there's 4-7 Makitas on the job...

This is the case on 99% of jobsites I’ve been on in the last 25 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been using DeWalt for the past few years and I have had zero issues with any of their products. I'm also pretty hard on tools.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                  I have a DeWalt and while it is a good saw it is heavy. My brother has Makita and it is every bit as good as the DeWalt bit noticably lighter.
                  I agree, Dewalt seems to build a very high quality product but Makita also competes well. Either one is going to do you right if you treat it right and keep it clean.

Comment

Harbor freight for super cheap.
                    Hitachi for last forever and pretty good price

Comment

my skilsaw classic has been going strong for 20+ years.
                      LOL, no doubt about that.

Comment

Recently replaced my 30 year old craftsman with a Kobalt from Lowe's. Very nice saw for the money.

Comment

I have a DeWalt corded model and its fine. I only paid 100 bucks new for it.

I run all Milwaukee M18 Fuel tools, so given the opportunity, I would run a Milwaukee cordless m18 circular saw, just so I can use the same batteries and not have to mess with a cord.

Never used a Makita circular saw so I can't comment on that. Never been impressed with their battery powered tools though.

Whichever saw you run, use a Diablo blade. Makes a huge difference.
                          Last edited by Arrowthreat; 07-23-2019, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                            I appreciate it but I'm down in Houston.

I like left sided blade better, so sounds like makita left hand is the way to go.
                            I have a like new Bosch. 60.00. I'll be in Houston Saturday...unfortunately.

Comment

Makita

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
                                I have a like new Bosch. 60.00. I'll be in Houston Saturday...unfortunately.
                                Went n bought a makita. Thanks though. Got lots of things around the house n such I plan on working on.

Comment

Working...
                                X