Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Best value circular saw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    The plane $119 Makita can’t be beat unless you go worm drive, and worm drives are awkward to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here with worm drive, what's a worm drive for?

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
      It is gear driven and built for heavy duty commercial type work

Comment

Another vote for makita

Comment

SkilSaw. Stop by Home Depot and compare it to the rest.

Comment

I have several different circular saws but the ones I use most are a Rigid worm drive and a Festool track saw. Like already stated the worm drive has a left handed blade which is very nice when seeing your work.The Festool isn't cheap but it's a precision and easy to use saw.

Comment

I needed a saw for a quick deck project and bought a Lowe’s Kobalt. I was impressed for a $70 saw

Comment

Will you ever use it again, or you just wanna build some blinds and throw it on a shelf?
                The former, get a Milwaukee, just because I'm partial
                The latter, I would say Harbor Freight. Probably last longer than you, and more than good enough for what you want to do, just throw a diablo on there.
                You could buy a few of them for the price of a mid grade, name brand tool.
                I also have a 11 yr old, corded rigid that's been very abused, but it still runs as strong as the day I bought it.

Comment

I use a Skil every day cutting doors. It’s light, but packs the power I need.

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                    It is gear driven and built for heavy duty commercial type work

Originally posted by camoclad View Post

Yep. Cutting yella pine 2Xs and plywood, the little makita is all you need.

Heavy subfloor stuff and anything that lugs it down, if you’re doing that everyday for a living...worm drive is the tits.

Comment

I frame houses and any given day there's 4-7 Makitas on the job...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Yep. Cutting yella pine 2Xs and plywood, the little makita is all you need.

Heavy subfloor stuff and anything that lugs it down, if you’re doing that everyday for a living...worm drive is the tits.

Understood, gracias!

Comment

I’ve had a dewalt for over 10 years and it’s a cutting machine , and she gets used a lot ..

Comment

Borrow one

Comment

I've used allot of skill saws and can't say I've ever had one flex and cause a bad cut, that was all on me. I mostly use a worm drive but thier expensive. Just but a 70 dollar saw and a good cutting guide for plywood and use a speed square as a guide for 2x's

Comment

I have a DeWalt and a left hand Porter Cable with a magnesium table. What ever you get try to stay away from a cheap bent medal table. I use the Porter Cable for almost everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X