No announcement yet.

Morning Erection, my barndo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming along nicely. Keep up the good work and pictures.

Comment

Congrats with finishing such a great project!

Comment

Beautiful...curious as to why support poles were needed on an iron structure though...

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
          Beautiful...curious as to why support poles were needed on an iron structure though...
          "It's going to serve a couple of purposes. Its main purpose is to support the vaulted ceiling. I am dropping the height down a bit in the middle to allow a space between the roof and ceiling. The 2 outside post(one of those hadn't been installed when the pics above were taken) are going to be in a wall and not seen. The 2 in the middle will be seen but they will be boxed in with rock/wood and provide a place in the middle of the room to attach beams running across a 40 foot span. In turn the beams will provide a place to install indirect lighting and ceiling fans.
          I hope this makes sense. There will be a 12ft island bar just behind them
          to separate the kitchen and living area."

post 119

Comment

great project.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
              I am not an engineer, I added these to help support the roof load. Figured they wouldn't hurt but my wife thinks they are an eye sore. After I wrap them with wood they shouldn't look that bad I told her.

Moving along, I have been doing alot of painting, finish electrical work and hanging doors. Those 8'x3/0 doors are a handful.
              Hope to get some updated pics soon.

Comment

Here are a few recent pics. Getting some of the knotty alder doors installed. 1000sqft of shiplap ceiling installed in the kitchen/living area was quite an undertaking. A couple of 72" ceiling fans help with moving the air.

Comment

Outstanding sir. I get excited every time I see an update to this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Right on man! Looks great!

Comment

Wow. I could've been on my way home for the weekend but instead I'm still at the office because I just finished binge reading this entire thread.. thanks, thanks a lot.

You sir are one heck of a craftsman, a wordsmith and possibly a poet. Sub'd.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful work! Let us fellow TBH’s know when the house warming party is!!

Comment

Beautiful work

Comment

Here are some updated pics of my handy work. I'll be doing alot of trim work in the future. lol. Getting to work in the AC now which isn't bad. Making and installing the faux beams was an adventure. Just finished staining and clear coating the last of the 15 interior knotty alder doors.

Picked up a bunch of 3/4" Baltic birch plywood and some maple for the kitchen cabinets. Notice the cutter is bilingual

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                              Here are some updated pics of my handy work. I'll be doing alot of trim work in the future. lol. Getting to work in the AC now which isn't bad. Making and installing the faux beams was an adventure. Just finished staining and clear coating the last of the 15 interior knotty alder doors.

Picked up a bunch of 3/4" Baltic birch plywood and some maple for the kitchen cabinets. Notice the cutter is bilingual

Love the beams and the floor (everything else too, but especially those). Awesome work!

Comment

If you are gonna do a bunch of moulding through your shaper or even edge ripping on your tablesaw a powerfeed head will keep your materials consistant and its a major labor saver.

Mike Atkinson and his Dad were machinery suppliers (32mm and other European eq.) back in the 80's. Monarch Machinery (I think) is their business name.
                                I saw Mike about a year or two ago, he was warehousing out @ the airport.

Awesome work!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X