Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Morning Erection, my barndo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good!

Comment

Wow

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
        ......on the cabinet doors.

[IMG]

Any update? Those cabinet doors are going to look incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My new favorite thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
            Any update? Those cabinet doors are going to look incredible!

I wish some of this would go faster but I come to the conclusion it is what it is, I can only do so much when time and money are available.

A couple of days ago I got into the stack of rough sawn oak and was showing a daughter of what needs to be done to start making useable wood.

Couple of trips through a planer and the grain/checks/inclusions start to pop out..... but that's the look I want. Lord give me the strength to do this.

Comment

I wish some of this would go faster but I come to the conclusion it is what it is, I can only do so much when time and money are available.

Completely understandable. Just think, once you’re finally all done and moved in, it won’t matter one bit how long it took to get there.

Comment

I have no clue how I have not seen this thread before sendit, but I have caught up and man what a great job you and the family have done to the yalls place. Keep up the amazing work sir.

Comment

I am getting antsy to get into building some cabinetry. Ran a few more boards last night through the jointer and planer. I do love te knarly stuff I am seeing. Only removing enough wood to make the boards somewhat flat. They are still appx 1" thick. Will be checking moisture content on it and see if it's ready to take down to 3/4" cabinet stuff.

Comment

Im excited for the cabinets!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                      Im excited for the cabinets!!!
                      I am too!

I don't remember if I mentioned it earlier but my wife wants our kitchen cabinets to be painted white. Oak doesn't paint well so I'll have to buy either, beech, poplar or maple for that.

The bath basins/cabinetry and maybe some built ins are what the oak is for. Looking at mission/craftsman style, something basic but still stands the test of time.

Comment

I am too!

I don't remember if I mentioned it earlier but my wife wants our kitchen cabinets to be painted white. Oak doesn't paint well so I'll have to buy either, beech, poplar or maple for that.

The bath basins/cabinetry and maybe some built ins are what the oak is for. Looking at mission/craftsman style, something basic but still stands the test of time.
                        Yeah don't paint that wood!! That would be a huge waste!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well look what came into today, about 14,000 sq ft of drywall.

I found an oak the other day that had died and fallen over. I decided to cut into it and see what was inside. It’s been down awhile and a little far gone but will still produce a bit of lumber.

Comment

Still following this thread. Great work sir! And, you have some cool tools.

Comment

Thanks Bob for hanging in there!

Sheet rock is going slow but going up none the less. Starting to look like a home finally instead of wall studs.

Comment

are you hanging that yourself?

Comment

Working...
                                X