Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Time To Make This Porch Bigger, And Add Some FIRE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll use the ones I have, they were my grandad's. Thanks for the offer though. I think I'll fill them with epoxy or something to screw into so I don't have to knock the primer out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great information.

Comment

Pulls are gonna be cool in 10 ga.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
          Pulls are gonna be cool in 10 ga.

I think you may be right, Mr. Tim

Dad has my grandad's old Remington 10 gauge with Damascus barrels, and the 1/2 box of high brass 4s he left with it.

Comment

Cool!

Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
            l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
            ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Comment

Gonna fill them with epoxy tomorrow so I can screw them in from the back.

Thanks for the 10ga idea, Moser.

Comment

Great work

Comment

Coming together nicely, brass on wood is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Gonna fill them with epoxy tomorrow so I can screw them in from the back.

Thanks for the 10ga idea, Moser.

yes sir, they are functional & look good. Anything else you just can't get a good hold of.

Comment

Those are gonna look sharp!!!

Comment

This is awesome! Tagging for inspiration

Comment

Haven't updated in a while.....

Built the wife a couch like one she found on Pinterest...

Comment

I had the masons leave this hole under the countertop to build a cabinet in for grill tools and cast iron cookware and such. It's kind of exposed, and there's a low spot in the slab there so water is an issue when it rains hard.

It's down toward the end, left of the table.

I cut a piece of 1/2" concrete board to fit, and mixed up a little mortar. Put some mortar down then leveled the concrete board on it, and filled the gap under the front. It wound up raising the floor about 5/8".

Then I lined the whole deal with 3/4" plywood and screwed it to the block. Also nailed 1X all the way around at the front to have something solid to attach the cabinet face to.

Comment

I got the cabinet frame built and attached a couple weeks ago and put in a shelf.

The cabinet face is made of the same OLD long leaf pine as the cabinet on the wall and the tabletop. It was taken down off my in laws old place in Louisiana, I'm glad we got to incorporate it into our home. We used the rest to line the 4 stalls on my in laws new horse barn....it was a large tree.

I've got enough to build the doors out of it too...maybe. I rough built a door the other day aaaaand it's a work in progress.[emoji51][emoji35]

Last edited by Dale Moser; 02-22-2017, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X