No announcement yet.

Jon boat to flats skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I'm glad your giving an honest opinion on the stuff, I'm debating covering the decks on my 20' with the stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
      Took it out last Sunday.
      It didn't absorb water, its non-slip and we were barefoot all day.
      Boat didn't get hot.
      [ATTACH]799919[/ATTACH]

Got my starboard rod holder mounted, but rods didn't fit snug.
      Glued some scrap to the holder and...silence.

[ATTACH]799920[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]799921[/ATTACH]

Not trying to be the Hydro-turf poster boy.
      But between the comfort and how much quieter the boat is now, the stuff improved an old aluminum boat.

Thanks for all the compliments, hoping to hit the coast soon as these winds die down a little.
      Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
      Hey I'm glad your giving an honest opinion on the stuff, I'm debating covering the decks on my 20' with the stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I honestly don't think I'd own another boat without it.

Comment

man that turned out great!

Comment

Awesome build/refurbish that turned out bad to the bone. I have a 2000 model 1652 WeldCraft side console, float pods, with a tunnel, jackplate and a 50hp Johnnyrude. I have had more fun with it than any other boat I've had. She runs plenty skinny, gets up shallow and speed is pretty good with a dinged up ss prop (33mph). I went the cheap route on the hydroturf and just bought the stuff from Harbor Freight http://www.harborfreight.com/anti-fa...mat-61241.html and used 3M 90 spray adhesive for the back bench and front deck. Haven't gotten around to doing the floor of the boat yet. It's definitely not the quality of Hydroturf but I'm on a limited budget with this little rig. It sure makes a difference on the heat though.

Comment

Where did you get the Hydro turf from?

I've been reading several different sites and this seems to be the hot setup.

I've found a couple of dealers, but they only offer kits.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
              Where did you get the Hydro turf from?

I've been reading several different sites and this seems to be the hot setup.

I've found a couple of dealers, but they only offer kits.

Hydro-Turf is the leader in the performance Jet Ski traction mat and PWC seat cover industries. Our custom kits are designed to fit a variety of popular OEMs, including Sea-Doo Jet Ski, Yamaha Waverunner, and Kawasaki Personal Watercaft. We use marine-grade EVA foam and upholstery for superior comfort and style.

Thanks for the kind words everybody.

Comment

Thank you for the link.

You've done some awesome work. Very impressive.

Comment

Working...
                X