Samurai body swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samurai body swap

Thanks. It's been a fun little project. Can't wait to take it out wheelin. Got everything ordered except for the locker and mini spool. That will come later. I think I'll be done after that. Should go anywhere I would need to go and then some, especially with the 4.9:1 t case.

Comment

I did the Harley carb swap on my Sami a few years ago. It really improved the performance. Project is looking great!!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Got it moving under its own power and the exhaust built. Have to recess the battery down a few inches so it doesn't hit the hood. Also have to bleed the brakes.

Comment

It's up an running. Radiator had a leak, so I am picking up a new one tomorrow. Also had to put a new front wheel bearing in it. T-case is getting re-geared this weekend. I did notice it has a little bit of spring wrap, so I am thinking a traction bar for the rear is the next upgrade.

It's fun to drive, almost like riding a slinky! lol

Comment

Crawler gears are in. Definitely needs a locker and mini spool. Played a little in the back yard.

Comment

Awesome job so far! Looks great!

Comment

Front hubs weren't locking. Have to rebuild them. Locked them in permanently for now. With the 4.9 gears it will climb a wall!

Comment

Did you get the HD carb with the adaptor set up or did you make your own manifold?
                    Last edited by Roger_Roger; 01-01-2016, 07:52 PM.

Comment

I bought the myside 1 kit. Ordered the carb off eBay

Comment

gonna be a nice rig

Comment

Working...
                        X