• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samurai body swap

I picked up this samurai off the forums

Plans are to swap this body onto the frame

So far here's the progress

Shock towers will be in this week and then the body swap will happen around Christmas when my father in law is in town.

Still have to order shocks and build an exhaust for it.

If anyone is looking for a parts samurai, I'll be selling the old body and frame. Will have engine, tranny, and everything with it. No dash or windshield though.

Looks like a project I love my Sam

Comment

Looking good! Did the Tcase have the lower gears in it by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
        Looking good! Did the Tcase have the lower gears in it by chance?

Not sure yet. I haven't had a chance to check. Spent this weekend taking the body off and welding on the other rock slider. I'm guessing it did since it had new driveshafts and skid plates. It looked like the t-case had been swapped out at some point. I'm going to put it in gear and count the rotations to see if it was indeed re-geared.

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
          Not sure yet. I haven't had a chance to check. Spent this weekend taking the body off and welding on the other rock slider. I'm guessing it did since it had new driveshafts and skid plates. It looked like the t-case had been swapped out at some point. I'm going to put it in gear and count the rotations to see if it was indeed re-geared.
          Staying tuned on this one, please keep the pics coming. Hope it comes out sweet

Comment

Checked this evening. It's stock gears. Thinking I'll re-gear the differentials first and then do the transfer case

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
              Checked this evening. It's stock gears. Thinking I'll re-gear the differentials first and then do the transfer case
              Well Dang it! I was hoping it had the 4.16's in it. Did you double check the other case to make sure it was stock too?

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                Well Dang it! I was hoping it had the 4.16's in it. Did you double check the other case to make sure it was stock too?
                Yeah I was hoping so too. They are both stock. Oh well, I'll work on re-gearing the t-case and differentials all at the same time I suppose. Be a good winter project after I get the body swapped and everything up and going good.

Comment

Made a little progress

Comment

Comment

Price on the stock Tcase?

Comment

Comment

Cool project

Comment

Should have the body on it this week sometime. Then I have to install the shocks and get an exhaust put on.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X