No announcement yet.

Anyone replace trailer axle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you looked at the axle you are replacing to see if there is a make/model on it?

Comment

You tube is a great learning site

Comment

Originally posted by b.a.saha View Post
        Inside of hub to inside of hub. So measure from the back of one hub across to the other back.
        This is what I did and I went with a Vault trailer axle. 10 year warranty on hubs.

Comment

Etrailer.com has a lot of diy videos.

Comment

Call Southwest Wheel in Dallas. They can talk you through it and come up with any size you need.

Comment

I replaced mine this spring. Got them on eBay. Measure carefully & watch the shipping charges. You might need to weld the hangers on to match your frame width.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleE View Post
                Call Southwest Wheel in Dallas. They can talk you through it and come up with any size you need.
                X2.
                We buy a lot of our small trailer parts through them. They are smart guys there.
                On another note, if you need help getting it put on then we can help. Message me if you need anything. I'm with Olympic trailer services in Terrell. You should have a axle tag or something to identify what you got. Good luck

Comment

Just take the old one with you. They can match the axle and match the bolt pattern if you're replacing hubs. They'll usually put it all together for you..

Comment

Working...
                  X