Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking dang good sir.

Comment

Got the mounts modified and everything sitting nice and snug.

Comment

Pics
        Attached Files

Comment

More
          Attached Files

Comment

Last one.
            Attached Files

Comment

Great ideas all around, can't wait to see the finished product

Comment

ITs all coming together nicely. Got lots more done over the last few days. Had to do some major adjustments and try to get some measurements and specifications via text messages, but I think we got it about right. Didn't get any pictures because of a time crunch, but I will update you guys tomorrow.

Comment

Awesome build as expected

Comment

Well, got the one for Pop all tacked up and the kids are puddling it together and welding up all the seams. Throughout the whole process, I have been using the first build to design all the parts on the plasma table. all of the parts were cut on the plasma, but some had to be modified with the ol' OxyAce torch, so I was able to make modifications to the computer model. So, since we got most of the work done on the first one, I started on the second one. Took us days to get the first one read for welding, but only took me an afternoon to get the other one welded to the frame mounts and skirted. Just have to bolt it to the truck, put the top plate on it, and it will be ready for welding like number 1.

However, through all of this, I keep forgetting to take pictures. So, maybe I can get some pictures tomorrow.

Comment

Sorry pics havent been coming in like I promised. Here is the first one that we built for my dad, Jhuckaby. Its all welded up and ready for a flap disk to blend in those tiny beads on the diamond plate. Then it gets a bull bar and a coat of semi-gloss black.

Here is mine. Widened the tow hook location and tied them into both sides of the frame mounts. also widened the hole in the front to accommodate a 22" light bar. Finally, I also added an extra 2" push to mine, so it should have been an 8", but somehow after bolting it up it ended up at 9". Got it all cut and assembled on Friday and is basically ready for full welding. The tubing was also cut on the lines marked to match up with the skirting. Mine will be finished in the basic condition that my dad's is now, without a bull bar or a grille guard. After welding and smoothing the welds, it will also get a coat of semi-gloss black, then its ready to bash stuff.

Last edited by Bucksaw; 10-24-2015, 08:29 PM.

Comment

I need one of those for my dodge now, can ya make it happen

Comment

Possibly, if its the same body style. Now that we have the parts all drawn up on the plasma table, it wouldn't take much toe get one put together.

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

That looks nice!

Comment

The end is nigh!

Over the last couple weeks we have been welding, grinding, and getting everything cleaned up and presentable. We got the paint on mine last week and its been curing since Friday. Ive also been acquiring the parts to get it put together, which include a 22" light bar and wiring harness. I also picked up the bolts today, and plan on mounting it tomorrow. Will get pictures ASAP.

Still gotta get the bull bar on dad's before we can paint it. But, it wont be too far behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X