No announcement yet.

Another Custom Bumper Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no progress on the bumper, but the county fair is Wednesday so here is what we did instead.

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Saw your old thread. You got some talent.

Comment

Got some work done today on it. Got mounts cut and have it holding its own weight. Its removed and being welded up at the moment. Next step is diamond plate.
          Attached Files

Comment

The mounts are boxed top and bottom as well to reinforce for lateral load.

Comment

Looks good. I think my son is going to try to build one for HLSR. Just doesn't have a pattern to go by yet.

Comment

Tell him to follow along and he will at least have an idea of what he needs. Im not saying this is gonna be perfect, but it would at least be a start for him.

mounts finished and bolted back on.
                Attached Files

Comment

Gonna be nice, when do you expect to finish it?

Comment

is that one mine

Comment

Originally posted by takarge View Post
                      Gonna be nice, when do you expect to finish it?
                      You never know around here. Just depends on what comes up, which kids I have in class each day, etc. If it were just me working, I could probably have it ready for paint within about 36 hours of labor time, but since the kids are doing everything (under my close supervision of course) it just depends.

Originally posted by jhuckaby View Post
                      is that one mine
                      Probably. We are working out all the kinks, then I will build me one.

Assuming of course that they didnt change the frame mounts for the front bumper between 11 and 14.
                      Last edited by Bucksaw; 10-14-2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

GOT a little more done today. Having the plasma table really makes it quick and easy to get together. The mount design I came up with ended up with some interference issues when taking the bumper on and off, so I needed to find a different way to mount it. I ended up getting an oil change at the Dodge house today and they had a few with Ranch Hands on them, so I went poking around and did a little recon on how to modify them. Also, ended up with a 10" push on this one, but Dad wants it closer to 6". So, the mounts are getting some modification either tomorrow or next week.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Looking great, are you gonna add any lights?

Comment

Not on this one. My dad's truck has a Cummins, so the air gap in the bumper will need to be left open to cool the intercooler. But, my truck is a 6.4 Hemi, and that space that is occupied by the intercooler on a diesel truck is just open real estate, so I am going to add a light bar into the air gap on mine. Might even add a hidden tool box for a tow strap if there is room.

Comment

Wow...nice stuff for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X