Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome finished product.

Comment

Awesome build, do you have a contingency plan if it gets clogged up?

Comment

Not sure how I missed this, you did a heck of a nice job!

Love the repurposed materials to complete your vision.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
          Awesome build, do you have a contingency plan if it gets clogged up?
          We've been running timed protein feeders with this technology for a couple years now and plugging hasn't been an issue, provided there aren't any leaks that allow water in. There are probably 70-80 of them in use, scattered across Texas and Oklahoma.

This build is from a used container and I inspected it for leaks to the best of my ability but you never know when it comes to water. My contingency plan, in the event of clogging, is to holesaw the bottom where the 4 tubes come together and rod it out until the clog clears. If the clog is worse than that, well, I'll have to improvise but again, I do not anticipate clogging being an issue.

Thanks for the compliment! It was a fun build.

Comment

That turned out nice!

Comment

Most excellent, Mikey!!

Comment

pics of it in place with the guide wires in place ,please

Comment

Just curious

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
                  We've been running timed protein feeders with this technology for a couple years now and plugging hasn't been an issue, provided there aren't any leaks that allow water in. There are probably 70-80 of them in use, scattered across Texas and Oklahoma.

This build is from a used container and I inspected it for leaks to the best of my ability but you never know when it comes to water. My contingency plan, in the event of clogging, is to holesaw the bottom where the 4 tubes come together and rod it out until the clog clears. If the clog is worse than that, well, I'll have to improvise but again, I do not anticipate clogging being an issue.

Thanks for the compliment! It was a fun build.
                  Wasn't sure about any condensation in one and was wanting one or two of these in Kansas, on a smaller scale of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                    Wasn't sure about any condensation in one and was wanting one or two of these in Kansas, on a smaller scale of course.
                    Krivoman on here has them from 1000# - 2000#

Comment

Well, the wife and I hauled it to the lease Friday. It took less than an hour from the time we backed the trailer into position till we were back in the truck headed to look at another lease member's feeder for him. We never broke a sweat but we did get wet from the light rain.

This is how you set up to raise something of this size. Getting the angle of the pull right makes it ultra easy. I tied off to a small tree and used a couple come-alongs to do the work. I chained the feeder legs to the trailer to prevent any slipping.

Half way up and the board has done it's job.

Letting it down easy with a light strap wrapped around the trailer pipe rail.

Annnnd there she sets!

The two 900# free choice feeders still had lots of feed in them so we'll return in a couple weeks to remove them and fill this big boy.

So that's a wrap. Thanks for following along! Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.
                      Last edited by hammer63; 08-05-2022, 02:04 PM.

Comment

UPDATE:

The most we've put in this feeder to date is 2500# since we split a 5000# load with our other feeder. Pretty sure it will hold over 3000#. Also, the original extended tube 4-way tubes did not give us the control we were looking for so we replaced with a standard All Seasons 4-way protein head. Now we're cookin'!

Click image for larger version

Name:	14633381_1116465778449844_7714138817876443322_o.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	24498031

Comment

Nice!

Comment

That thing is a monster. Nice build.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
                              UPDATE:

Also, the original extended tube 4-way tubes did not give us the control we were looking for so we replaced with a standard All Seasons 4-way protein head.
                              I really liked the original tube designs. Can you go into detail on how they weren't working for you. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
                                I really liked the original tube designs. Can you go into detail on how they weren't working for you. Thanks
                                The tubes worked great, they just held too much feed - 25#. When the gate closed in the evening, there was too much feed available into the night for my feeding strategy. Kinda took away from my ability to limit the coon consumption and limit nocturnal feeding. That's all.

Comment

Working...
                                X