BIG timed protein feeder build-along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIG timed protein feeder build-along

So, a couple years ago, I bought a 4000# grain mixer from a TBHer with the intentions of cutting it up and building a couple free choice feeders out of it. Well, time has passed and I changed my mind. Since I already have a 1500# Krivoman timed protein feeder and a couple 900# free-choice feeders, I decided I'd try to make a feeder that won't run dry for a couple months when feeding free-choice. I'm guessing that it will hold over 3000#...I'll do the math later...or just fill it up and see what it holds

Here's the mixer as purchased...

Cutting off the bottom, piece by piece...

Rough-cut and waiting for my decision on just how I want this bad boy to look. Obviously, it's going to be taller than I would care for but I have an auger to make filling easier.

Cut and rolled a cone. Tomorrow I'll get it welded to the drum.

Last edited by hammer63; 08-05-2022, 02:03 PM.

following. Just don't be disappointed when the deer drain it in a month.

Comment

In...heck, that cone will hold 200lbs of protein!

Comment

this is awesome!! I'm in for this build.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
          following. Just don't be disappointed when the deer drain it in a month.
          Pretty sure he said "timed" feeder...that ain't gonna happen...trust me!

Comment

Awesome! Tuned in!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
              Pretty sure he said "timed" feeder...that ain't gonna happen...trust me!
              I do intend to use it as a timed feeder at times, but as stated in my original post, I'm hoping this feeder can last a couple months during the times when I use it free-choice.

Comment

That's BIG!

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
                  I do intend to use it as a timed feeder at times, but as stated in my original post, I'm hoping this feeder can last a couple months during the times when I use it free-choice.
                  I gotcha...my bad, I just looked at the thread title. I'd still bet a pretty penny that that thing will last more than 30 days!

Comment

Looks like it's going to be cool. I'll be back for the updates.

Comment

Got the cone welded out this morning. Now to flip this dude over and put a cone roof on it.

Comment

That is solid. Subscribed!

Comment

Wow! I'm in

Comment

OK, welded temporary extensions onto the legs to get it upright while the coned roof goes on. Got side-tracked helping momma with a little shop clean-up. Took some measurements so now to do the math and layout the cone pattern and cut it out...next weekend.

Comment

Yep, that should last a month as free choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X