Bow blind plans question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuts in a Octagon blind

When you have 8 "corners", divide 360 degrees by 8. This should equal 45 degrees each. This gives you the angle between the 2 pieces. But you have to remember that the resultant number must then be halved, because you have 2 pieces forming that corner junction.

Think of a square. 360/4 = 90 degrees. If you are butting the pieces together, 90 will work. But, if you desire to have "slant" on each piece, then divide the 90 by 2, and then cut each end to 45 degrees.

What a piece of cake

Originally posted by RealTreeHunter View Post
    Wouldn't your cuts be 45 degrees?
    90x4=360
    45x8=360

Comment

so for those of y'all that have built either the octagonal or hexagonal blind whats been the approximate cost.

Comment

Tag

Comment

octagon bow blind

I built this one and love it, but it does take some time and a little bit of patience. I built a flat roof and it mounts on a slant from front to back, you just cut the top pieces of your walls on an angle. Turned out good. Ripped 8 8ft 2x4's on 22.5° angles. Walls framed with 2x2's. Ended up 6'5" from wall to wall, and is a prefect depth for bow hunting. I did not elevate my blind but did set it up off the ground on cinder blocks. Used smoke glass deerview Windows. I had a few materials but probably about $450-$500 using 1/8" plywood for walls and roof, and 3/4" for the floor. Might could get by with 1/2".
          Attached Files

Comment

Actually should have said 3/8" plywood for wall and roof

Comment

I built one with nominal cost, If I remember around $250. I ripped 2x4 into 2x for the vertical pieces. that was a huge cost saver. I also used coroplast instead of plywood for the skin. it reduced weight and it was free (think the 4 x 8 political signs that will be popping up pretty soon.

I have had the blind for three years now and it is holding up well. only issue. you have to be careful moving it because of the coroplast.

it was a fun project

Comment

Working...
              X