Bow blind plans question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow blind plans question

I have seen several bow blind builds on here. I am wanting to make an octagonal bow blind. Does anybody have any blueprints or designs or plans that they can post?

No plans but make your cuts at 22.5, it's just like building something square except twice as many sides. Use a calculator online to help work out your dimensions. For example 6' wide will yield sides of about 30". Not too hard

Comment

Ok. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
        No plans but make your cuts at 22.5, it's just like building something square except twice as many sides. Use a calculator online to help work out your dimensions. For example 6' wide will yield sides of about 30". Not too hard
        Wouldn't your cuts be 45 degrees?
        90x4=360
        45x8=360

Comment

Originally posted by RealTreeHunter View Post
          Wouldn't your cuts be 45 degrees?
          90x4=360
          45x8=360
          No..

Comment

22.5+22.5=45........each corner needs to be at 45 degrees, so you split the amount of angle between the sides. I'm thinking about doing this for the front of mine, kind of like a bay window setup since I don't need to see all the way around me and I have an 8x8 platform to build it on top of.

Comment

There's plans here for a hexagon and octagon. Shouldn't be far back

Edit... See bow blind thread for Z7x drop box post
              Last edited by Quackerbox; 01-31-2015, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Here you go.
                MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

Thank y'all again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' G Ranch View Post
                    Here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?c2ll4gsgphavf9i
                    Those are dang nice. Thanks.

Comment

Here's another Octagon Calculator that allows you to put in one dimension and it will autofill the others. Allows you to figure out just how big everything will be. http://www.htmliseasy.com/octagon_layout/

Comment

I just finished one, and I will never do the octagon again. My next one will be a hexagon, simply because the expense and complexity is much less. It took 12 4X8 pieces of treated plywood to make my 6' diameter blind with a whole lot of waste. It came out very nice, but never again.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          I just finished one, and I will never do the octagon again. My next one will be a hexagon, simply because the expense and complexity is much less. It took 12 4X8 pieces of treated plywood to make my 6' diameter blind with a whole lot of waste. It came out very nice, but never again.
                          HMMMM....

Got anymore pics of the roof. I'm wanting to build one or the other and had pretty much decided on octagon. Either way Im only doing 3 or 4 windows due to placement.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            HMMMM....

Got anymore pics of the roof. I'm wanting to build one or the other and had pretty much decided on octagon. Either way Im only doing 3 or 4 windows due to placement.
                            No, I don't have any roof pics, but I'll tell you how I did it. I ripped the upper 2X2 frame at a 10 degree angle, then I put a post with a 2X6 cut into an octagon nailed to the top of it in the center of the blind, then measured from the sides to the center at about the slope I wanted. I added in some overhang then and measured the width of each pie-shaped piece then cut them out of plywood. Because everything was approximate, I had to adjust the height of the center post until all of the pieces met right. Then I screwed and bonded it all together, and removed the post.
                            Last edited by ultrastealth; 02-12-2015, 08:09 AM.

Comment

That's about how I planned on going about it. Plain flat roof would be much easier but I was gonna add a cool factor. Preciate it

Comment

Working...
                              X