Barndominium in the making.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dhillis View Post
    Dang. I might have to look into building one of these. I need to look at the cost of land as part of this. I thought it would be a little more. Where did you start looking when you did this? Is there a forum or website that walks you through the process? Where did you find your builder?
    I had been juggling the idea for a few years and just putting together ideas, I got some of the ideas from this website. But I have helped build several houses and another barndominium. So after a lot of sketching and planning I came up with this one. I found the barn (shell) builder out of Oklahoma and I built the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckhunter2007 View Post
      I had been juggling the idea for a few years and just putting together ideas, I got some of the ideas from this website. But I have helped build several houses and another barndominium. So after a lot of sketching and planning I came up with this one. I found the barn (shell) builder out of Oklahoma and I built the rest.
      I have learned a lot from working on my house, but not enough to feel comfortable to build one yet....lol. if framing, electrical, and plumbing was done then I might be able to tackle it

Comment

Wow. Yalls place is incredible. Your little boy is going to love growing up there.

Comment

Couple more questions for you.

1. How deep did you sink your 6x6 poles?

2. Did you not dig a footing for your slab? Reasoning?

Build looks great. Actually sitting here toying with some floor plans on AutoCAD now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
            Couple more questions for you.

1. How deep did you sink your 6x6 poles?

2. Did you not dig a footing for your slab? Reasoning?

Build looks great. Actually sitting here toying with some floor plans on AutoCAD now.
            6x6 poles are 4 ft into the ground.
            We dug 16" by 16" chain-walls throughout the slab and 14" diameter by 5ft deep footings.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckhunter2007 View Post
              6x6 poles are 4 ft into the ground.
              We dug 16" by 16" chain-walls throughout the slab and 14" diameter by 5ft deep footings.
              Oh, OK. Didn't see that in the pictures.

Comment

Put out some corn in the back.[ATTACH]723918[ATTACH]723919[ATTACH]723920[ATTACH]723921
                Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful Place.... Following

Comment

The deer are starting coming everyday. I see them every morning before I leave for work eating grass.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Little piece of paradise!

Comment

Great job, enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Comment

looking good, will work for food..

Comment

Must be east Texas, last pic looks like typical east Texas trail cam photos

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                              Must be east Texas, last pic looks like typical east Texas trail cam photos
                              Southwest Louisiana. I know what you mean.

Comment

Awesome place!

Comment

Working...
                                X