• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks LIke a Blast!!!! Congrats

Comment

Still looking good!

Comment

Got a lot done in the past couple days. Dug the trench from my underground service wire and laid the conduit, all 400 feet of it. All most ready for full power.
        Attached Files

Comment

Got a few other things done like outside plumbing and electrical. All the cabinets and doors stained and finished( just ready to install them now). Also the floors are ready to put the clear coat on this evening after work.
          Attached Files

Comment

Had a bald eagle land in the yard while we were working. He was 50 feet from us and stayed around for a while.
            Attached Files

Comment

The wife and I's yorkie came running down the driveway with the big fox squirrel, not sure if he caught it or not but the tries his best everyday. Either way I proud of him.
              Attached Files

Comment

Looking good man! im super excited to start my own. Thanks for the postings

Comment

What did you use for the stone wainscoting and how was it installed. My wishy washy wife is starting to talk barndo again. At least for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
                    What did you use for the stone wainscoting and how was it installed. My wishy washy wife is starting to talk barndo again. At least for a while.
                    The stone is man made stone, they make it out of cement and dye it. Where the stone is, there is no metal it's all wood with a moisture barrier and mesh. Then the stone is attached to that. Basically just like bricks on a house.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckhunter2007 View Post
                      The stone is man made stone, they make it out of cement and dye it. Where the stone is, there is no metal it's all wood with a moisture barrier and mesh. Then the stone is attached to that. Basically just like bricks on a house.
                      Does the stone come in panels or individual stones? I've seen both where they attached it to a plywood backer. Do you know the manufacturer?

Comment

That's nice. Will stay tuned for updates

Comment

Does the stone come in panels or individual stones? I've seen both where they attached it to a plywood backer. Do you know the manufacturer?
                          It is individual stones. I believe most stone places around where I live make their own. They can make any shapes you want. Call around different stone places and ask about man made stone.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckhunter2007 View Post
                            It is individual stones. I believe most stone places around where I live make their own. They can make any shapes you want. Call around different stone places and ask about man made stone.
                            Thanks for the info. Did you need to use anything like brick clips to hold it up and avoid peeling off the wall? How about the bottom, is there any support ledge (such as angle iron) bolted to the posts or bottom board? I'm assuming you didn't pour a brick ledge when you put in the slab? Did you go with stacked stones or morter between them like a normal install? Are they as thick as bricks or just 2" thick? Sorry I've got a million questions. Looks great BTW. We're waiting on moved in pictures.
                            Last edited by Wampuscat; 05-17-2015, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Did you need to use anything like brick clips to hold it up and avoid peeling off the wall? How about the bottom, is there any support ledge (such as angle iron) bolted to the posts or bottom board? I'm assuming you didn't pour a brick ledge when you put in the slab? Did you go with stacked stones or morter between them like a normal install? Are they as thick as bricks or just 2" thick? Sorry I've got a million questions. Looks great BTW. We're waiting on moved in pictures.
                              Yes we made a brick ledge when we poured the slab. There is a wire mesh type stuff that you morter the stones to, it holds each one in place. Also there is morter between each one like any other application. Stones are roughly 2".

Comment

Waiting on an elevation certificate, then an electrical inspection. In the mean-time I'm going to play around with some trim. I think the wainscot came out looking good.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X