No announcement yet.

KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been hunting off and on but haven't had any luck. Been after a hoss of a 6 pointer that shows up a few times a week. He's the best 6 pt. I've ever seen. Got a lot of pics of him. These are from a few days ago (pic of a pic):

Comment

Nice mature enough 6.

Are his pictures from your land or the lease?

Comment

I am pretty sure these are pictures of his place. He also has a lease about 30 minutes away.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
          I am pretty sure these are pictures of his place. He also has a lease about 30 minutes away.
          10 minutes [emoji1]
          Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          Nice mature enough 6.

Are his pictures from your land or the lease?
          It's on my place. I'll shoot him if I get a chance.

Comment

Haven't updated in a while. Been in a holding pattern while we're trying to save money for our pond and some other projects. Slow going.

Had a good 3 day weekend with some tinkering around, cold beverages, target practice, gardening, and amateur electric work.

Daisy wanted to help.

New feeder and camera set up near camp.

View from feeder..

Played around with the .22s

Stacked up some future firewood

My railroad shack turned shed needed some lights. Too lazy to run 110v from the cabin so I scrounge up a deer feeder battery , solar panel, and a dome light for a car. The shack already had an outside light. So I wired in the solar panel and put a switch in the circuit. Worked like a charm!

Our 16'x16' well house (we call it Town Hall) has been suffering from wood rot and weathering. Lots of rain and not enough roof overhang to keep it away from the base of the building.

KHO (TBHer Kevin) has had good luck with a local handyman/builder named Sergio. Sergio came out today and is working up a quote to replace the rotten wood, cover the whole thing in hardiplank, and extend the front porch and downhill slope side 6'. Hopefully we can get it done. Here's some pics of it now:

No overhang

Last edited by Chew; 03-14-2016, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Looking good.... It's a good time of the year for projects

Comment

With how much you're spending in corn etc have you ever thought about just putting food plots on those trails?

Comment

Yep. Gotta few spots I want to plant. Just need a disc and some know how.
                  Last edited by Chew; 03-16-2016, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Yep. Gotta few spots I want to plant. Just need a blah blah and some know how.
                    Since when has that ever stopped a determined redneck?

Comment

Good point sir. Box blade with gnarly teeth it is!

OR I bet the ratchet rake could scratch some dirt

Comment

I was reffering to the know how....that ratchet rake will turn that soft dirt....turned dirt is what we're after, right?
                        Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-16-2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Good lookin place Bobby!!

Comment

Bobby I have been busy but I still have that disc for you...I do apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by jbhlsu View Post
                              Bobby I have been busy but I still have that disc for you...I do apologize.
                              good, so now I can borrow it!

Comment

No biggie. I kinda forgot about it. Let me know when you're going up and I'll try to come back.

Comment

Working...
                                X